• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How do you carry your smartphone while skiing?

Mpdsnowman

I actually leave mine in the car and I dont want it with me. Its not worth loosing or breaking and I dont mind putting my cell life on hold while I ride...

conwayeast

I enjoy taking pictures with it, use it to listen to music, and also find my friends if we get separated.

Hawkshot99

I actually leave mine in the car and I dont want it with me. Its not worth loosing or breaking and I dont mind putting my cell life on hold while I ride...

It is nice ditching the phone at times. But carrying the phone makes it possible for me to go skiing while working. If a emergency comes up I can jet down and take care of buissness.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I have an Otterbox Commuter series for my GS3...and its awesome. Totally durable and substantially slimmer than the defender series.

I just drop my phone in a ziplock and put it in a pants pocket. Its moisture that worries me most.

BenedictGomez

Inner ski jacked breast pocket.

I dont use a protective cover, and I dont use a screen guard, and I've never so much as scratched my phone (knock on wood).

Warp Daddy

I picked up a nice Karbon jacket that has multiple phone or device pockets , keep my camera in one too. . No problems so far even at Tremblant which is notoriously cold .

gmcunni

when i had a blackberry i left it in the car or my boot bag.

now that i have an iphone i carry it with me. decent camera, quick texts to find people or brag about the skiing and i run Alpine Replay to record my day on the slopes. i just keep it in my pocket jacket, tho i have an otterbox which does a good job protecting it.