• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Carpooling Thread

twinplanx

Sorry about that. I going up to Bush tomorrow, leaving Monroe NY around 1 pm I could maybe help if my car doesn't die on the way up, and I wanted to take the I 87 up to pass Albany then cut over.

Also did you look at other ski bus companies, I know Ovrride is going up this weekend but not sure where. And their is a ski bus that goes from NYC on every weekend stops at Mt. Snow and all major resorts up to Killington, I forget the name, try Google it. And last their are trains from Penn Station but it leaves tomorrow around 11 am.

Just looked Ovr ride ski bus is going to Mountsnow tomorrow according to their facebook page fyi.

Thanks Scotty, but I think I Windham is my best bet at this point. I've never heard of this magical mystery ski tour bus you speak of?!? Leaves NYC, hits all major SVT resorts?!? Where do I sign. Up?

ScottySkis

Thanks Scotty, but I think I Windham is my best bet at this point. I've never heard of this magical mystery ski tour bus you speak of?!? Leaves NYC, hits all major SVT resorts?!? Where do I sign. Up?

It only hits 4 south Vermont Resorts starts at, Mt Snow, then Stratton, Okemo, and k on Friday and weekend, I can't think of name name now, and maybe they don't do it any more I haven't looked in to this since I moved out of the city a few years ago.

JGNYC

I'll carpool with you! Any weekend. My friends too.

We feel your pain and have forever wanted it to be easier to find decent folks to carpool up to the mountains with. So we're building a solution to the problem. It's [shred share] - www.shredshare.org. At the moment it's geared specifically to NYC metro area folks to connect and carpool up to VT, NH, etc. It's 110% down for the cause and there's no ads, no sign-up and totally free. We just want to share the shred.

We'd love for you to check it out and would really appreciate your feedback too. We already have a few carpool offers posted for early November, NYC to VT and are counting down the days to November-ish. For sure we'll be up there opening weekend. So yeah, hit us up if you ever want to connect and go shred.

shred soon,

Jason
@jasongreenhouse
jason@shredshare.org

ScottySkis

Any carpoolers in mid west NY finger lakes tips snowyridge is close. Binngamtom area just curios. Season passes to Sugarbush maybe if few ppl meet up and drove together all winter starting at mId Hudson valley NY area go up Taconic Pwky then cont on rt3 7 . it could work or K or other pass options where ave of snow is 250 and above.