• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Taptalk

Edd

Yes, just load forums in a mobile browser. If the full version of the site loss then scroll down to the lower left of the page, where you'll find the drop down box to select the theme(or style). Select the mobile theme and the page will reload in the mobile version. It's better than tapatalk, IMHO..

Nice! Just tried it. I use Tapatalk on my iPhone but I have a work cell that uses Android Gingerbread (horrendous piece of garbage) and I've been dealing with the full site. First world problems :oops:.

twinplanx

I don't get Taptalk. Why would I pay to use an app, when my phone browser allows me to access the forums at no cost?
It was free on my device... Although it is alot quicker & smoother then the mobile site, I would not pay for it, or any app for that matter. There are always free versions and the ads are just a minor inconvenience. The only real annoying thing with using taptalk is that unless a pic is a jpeg my device can't download. So for about 90% of the pics posted on AZ I have to go to the full site anyway. I can view them there on the same device(windows7 phone) I don't get it...

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I have paid for quite a few apps that I find useful and I don't mind supporting developers. I don't understand with some people the hangup over dropping $2 or $3 for something that is truly useful.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I have paid for quite a few apps that I find useful and I don't mind supporting developers. I don't understand with some people the hangup over dropping $2 or $3 for something that is truly useful.

Everyone uses their phone differently. If I used my phone for work, and there were apps that made my job easier, of course I'd pay for them. But my phone is pretty much for play only, and paying for the data plan is a stretch as it is. Therefore, I have to be super cheap.

bvibert

Staff member

I agree with you, but I still rarely buy apps, it's hard when there's so much out there for free. The ads on the free versions hardly ever bother me.