• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Taptalk

gmcunni

To all you taptalkers, remove the sig, i don't care that you posted from your phone using taptalk. your sig is longer than your posts!!!! :smash::smash::smash:

gmcunni

open app
click settings
scroll down to "tapatalk Signature"
click
select NONE

* according to the interweb

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
The only reason I leave it on, is because I felt like it would promote the availability of the app to those who otherwise didn't know it existed.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
The only reason I leave it on, is because I felt like it would promote the availability of the app to those who otherwise didn't know it existed.

PS interesting statistic: Mobile is up 400% over last year.

gmcunni

when i visit the site from a mobile device via a browser i often get a popup letting me know that tapatalk is an option.

mlctvt

PS interesting statistic: Mobile is up 400% over last year.

Yes it worked leaving it displayed. I had no idea what tapatalk was, I figured it was some particular phone app that Scotty had. :p

I never visit forums with a cellphone so I don't use it. Maybe in the future..

gmcunni

I don't get Taptalk. Why would I pay to use an app, when my phone browser allows me to access the forums at no cost?
i bought it and don't use it. i recall it had better integration features for uploading pix from the mobile. i HATE that you can't (seem to) quote text when replying to a thread.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I don't get Taptalk. Why would I pay to use an app, when my phone browser allows me to access the forums at no cost?

I just happen to think the interface is way better than the native mobile site that we get from vBulletin, ALTHOUGH the vbulletin app is much improved in this (Version 4) of vBulletin than it was on Version 3.

No issue really, I like giving people the option. Use whatever floats your boat.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I just happen to think the interface is way better than the native mobile site that we get from vBulletin, ALTHOUGH the vbulletin app is much improved in this (Version 4) of vBulletin than it was on Version 3.

No issue really, I like giving people the option. Use whatever floats your boat.

I was just wondering if there's anything I'm missing, like a secret forum where you make fun of everybody who doesn't have Taptalk.

Edd

There's a mobile version of AZ? I just did a search and don't see that. I use Tapatalk but I'm curious to try the mobile browser version.

bvibert

Staff member
There's a mobile version of AZ? I just did a search and don't see that. I use Tapatalk but I'm curious to try the mobile browser version.

Yes, just load forums in a mobile browser. If the full version of the site loss then scroll down to the lower left of the page, where you'll find the drop down box to select the theme(or style). Select the mobile theme and the page will reload in the mobile version. It's better than tapatalk, IMHO..