• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 1/7

holmes

Nice and fast.

Quiet crowd but the west side was closed so lines started to build when I left around 11:30.

I got about 15 runs in and felt great.

They're doing a nice job there this year.

Shredder of Gnar

Nice and fast.

Quiet crowd but the west side was closed so lines started to build when I left around 11:30.

I got about 15 runs in and felt great.

They're doing a nice job there this year.

Any idea why west side was closed? Hope they aren't having lift issues... Planning to go tomorrow and no west side would suck...

kingslug

Any idea why west side was closed? Hope they aren't having lift issues... Planning to go tomorrow and no west side would suck...
Yup..I wasn't too happy that it was closed today as I spent most of the day back there yesterday and wanted to do the same today..it was posted on the report that it would be open..would be nice if they posted why...

Shredder of Gnar

Seems odd as there are 2 lifts over there. If the quad goes down you'd think they would fire up the old Z lift.

Hard to fire up a lift that's been removed!! I'm sure some rocket scientist there thought it was a good move for whatever reason, but being a software guy myself, leaving yourself with no backup is usually a recipe for disaster... Maybe dmc or some other insider knows why...

legalskier

Last I went it was still there- had no idea they removed it. Sheesh.
Now that it's gone I'll be sure to check the website beforehand to confirm the west side's open. Love the west side.

Last edited:

Shredder of Gnar

Last I was there it was still there- had no idea they removed it. Sheesh.
Now that it's gone I'll be sure to check the website beforehand to confirm the west side's open. Love the west side.

Well as 'slug found out today, the report on the website canNOT be trusted - what I've found works best is to call the mountain, ask for ski patrol, and ask them (which I will do tomorrow)...

Quad was down because of maintenance (broken). It opened at 2:30. Removal of Z lift is great. Clairs skis amazing now. Tower snow guns line both sides of the trail. Plus we have real glades on the trail.

Shredder of Gnar

Hope it gets up and running for ya today S-O-G.....The west is the best

Steveo

Thanks pow - it was up (and stayed up) but I got a little nervous when they were saying they didn't know why it would only run at a slow speed some of the time, so as andrec says something still seems not quite right with that lift. Totally agree with 180's remark about how well Claires skis w/o the Z there, but unfortunately it was flattened into a skating rink yesterday - was looking forward to the huge soft bumps that were there Friday. 44 (westway) skiied well though - after a half dozen or so afternoon runs over there I heard the fat lady singing...

catskillman

Hard to fire up a lift that's been removed!! I'm sure some rocket scientist there thought it was a good move for whatever reason, but being a software guy myself, leaving yourself with no backup is usually a recipe for disaster... Maybe dmc or some other insider knows why...

Z lift was condemmed a couple of seasons ago.

The lift was down last week becasue they were haveing a hard time de-icing it after the storm and getting the snow off the chairs.

It opened at 2:30 or so the other day, misc maint issues i am told

dmc

I got an old Y chair in my backyard...

i heard it was down for maintenance..

skiking4

It's going to keep getting warmer until Sunday, when I might head up. It's forecasted to be almost 50 that day. Is there enough snow for this heating to make a 4 hr roundtrip worth it?

dmc

It's going to keep getting warmer until Sunday, when I might head up. It's forecasted to be almost 50 that day. Is there enough snow for this heating to make a 4 hr roundtrip worth it?

It's going to be great!!! Snow will soften... Bumps will grow... Beer will flow...

kingslug

Of course it will be worth it, they have plenty of base...Think I'm going as well as I just don't want to chance going all the way to K to get rained on...