• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How many ski day so far? (2012/13)

dlague

we are at 22 shooting for 35!

Any more then that is tough since we have gone very weekend both days since mid december! We missed one weekend! Unfortunately, I work duriing the week! Based on some of the higher numbers I have seen, I don't see how someone can afford to have that many days of skiing and still afford to ski! Need to know your secrets!

Hawkshot99

Today is day 70

At 76 now, and 15 days in a row. Doubt I will ski today as I dont feel like skiing in the rain today. But will be skiing tomorrow for my day off.

we are at 22 shooting for 35!

Any more then that is tough since we have gone very weekend both days since mid december! We missed one weekend! Unfortunately, I work duriing the week! Based on some of the higher numbers I have seen, I don't see how someone can afford to have that many days of skiing and still afford to ski! Need to know your secrets!

Mountains that have night skiing help alot. 7 days a week my main spot is open till 10pm. Add that to the fact that I work at the mtn (but not as a skier such as instructor/patroler) and I ski as often as possible.

ScottySkis

At 76 now, and 15 days in a row. Doubt I will ski today as I dont feel like skiing in the rain today. But will be skiing tomorrow for my day off.

Mountains that have night skiing help alot. 7 days a week my main spot is open till 10pm. Add that to the fact that I work at the mtn (but not as a skier such as instructor/patroler) and I ski as often as possible.
That an awesome number.

medfordmike

18 so far....

1 Okemo
2 Stratton
4 Berkshire East
11 Wachusett

I started a new job in November so very little vacation and my spouse stopped skiing after breaking their arm in two places at Stowe two years ago so going away all weekend to ski does not sit well. Wachusett may not be Jay Peak but having it as a close option was great this year.

Warp Daddy

3 day roadtrip begins today with my grandson who is home from. University for spring break and his dad .West , Gore and whatever is best conditions for the 3 rd day .

stargazer781

I bought a Baker's Dozen from Gunstock. Then I won a Prime Time lift ticket and one Big Air Bag ticket from Gunstock. Have 3 tickets plus BAB ticket left. But I will not be using them. Last Saturday I blew my knee out skiing upper Recoil....ACL tear. Bad ending to a perfect blue bird day.......conditions were great. So all in all I skied a total of 4 complete days this season, skied 1/2 day before the lift broke down at 12:20 and then skied 2 complete runs on Saturday before the ACL injury.

So I guess I can say I got in 4+ ski days this season:(

Warp Daddy

16 after the Gore trip last couple of days , great trip withmyson and grandson !!! titus got 6 inches last nite so i'll b there tomorrow and perhaps a couple more after that ? THEY will close next weekend dammit with great snow which means they,ll run out of skier be4 they run out of snow

stargazer781

medfordmike.....off subject but wanted to reply.
I can definitely understand how your spouse does not want to ski anymore after an arm break. I did the same thing in 2002 (left arm on icy race trail @ Ragged), followed by serious injury in 2003 (run over by skier at Killington/leg broke in 13+ places), and just recently I blew out my knee at Gunstock (nothing broke just torn ligs). I was very nervous getting back on skies the season following the arm break. I contemplated never skiing again. I was nervous about skiing in crowds, bad conditions, etc. etc. And the time that it took to rehab from all previous injuries was extensive. But I managed to work through my issues and have enjoyed 10 years without anything serious happening. I hope that your spouse is able to get back on the slopes at some point in time. I don't mind skiing alone, but when something does happen it is good if you do have someone with you. Stargazer781

ScottySkis

16 after the Gore trip last couple of days , great trip withmyson and grandson !!! titus got 6 inches last nite so
i'll b there tomorrow and perhaps a couple more after that ? THEY will close next weekend dammit with great snow which means they,ll run out of skier be4 they run out of snow

Have fun Warp!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::):):):thumbup:;):cool::cool::cool:

I think tomorrow will be 15.:thumber::thumbup::thumbup:;);):cool::)

emmaurice2

My season is probably over, finished with 26 days, 4 less than I wanted, but it was a great season for me. Skied at a few areas I'd never been to (Sunapee, Middlebury College, Belleayre, and Bromley) skied in NH which was a first for me, and revisited my favorites. I missed all the major powder days (bad timing), but discovered some unofficial trails at my home hill which yielded fresh tracks when everything else was groomed. Next season I want to ski the northern NH resorts and finally get to Sugarloaf and hopefully ski out west for the first time. I think I'll be in the market for new skis, too.

Warp Daddy

Done !! 18 for the season, hurt my back on the 21at still a bit stiff but coming . Meh ! About avg, Just washed all our ski jackets and pants
and summer waxed all our skis . Putting ski gear away .

Got my golf gear ready to go and my bike , still hitting the gym 2/3 days a week , so its all good .