• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are you skiing this weekend? Jan 19-21, 2013 Edition

Cheese

Attitash (Saturday)
Wildcat (Sunday)
Waterville (Monday)

Red Spyder jacket, black pants, blue helmet with an Alpine Zone sticker. PM me if you'd like to meet up and share some runs.

hammer

Sliding around on the frozen groomed at Loon or Sunapee on Sunday. Hope to avoid the human slalom gates...

Had initial plans for Monday but I have the flexibility and Sunday's supposed to be warmer.

Last edited:

mriceyman

was gonna go to either blue or camel but will probably wait another week.

emmaurice2

Sunapee on Saturday. Never skied in NH before, so I'm not familiar with the crowd situation...Is it likely that Sunapee will be a mob scene? If so, any suggestions within an hour of Claremont that might be less crowded?

hammer

Sunapee on Saturday. Never skied in NH before, so I'm not familiar with the crowd situation...Is it likely that Sunapee will be a mob scene? If so, any suggestions within an hour of Claremont that might be less crowded?
I've never skied Sunapee on a Saturday and don't plan to...Sundays are usually crazy enough. Not sure where Claremont is but you could consider Ragged...will have less terrain but should be less crowded than Sunapee.

emmaurice2

I've never skied Sunapee on a Saturday and don't plan to...Sundays are usually crazy enough. Not sure where Claremont is but you could consider Ragged...will have less terrain but should be less crowded than Sunapee.

Thanks! That looks like the best option.

mlkrgr

For Saturday, if you really want to do something good, go to Braintree, and pick up the Nacski bus to Sunday River at 5 am if you are just doing a day trip.

I'm contemplating Waterville on Monday as I have vouchers to redeem. I am blacked out Saturday and Sunday but they are valid Monday. But I may sit out this weekend as the person I go with doesn't like to ski in the cold.

I think the weather will really drive the crowds on Saturday, so I think the mountains are really going to be packed crazy with day trippers. It could be a prime day for mountains to break some crowd records. I wouldn't be surprised of Saturday would be a day in which there's 10 minute waits to get on the Chondola; 15-20 for Barker even at Sunday River, but the good thing is that the mountain is spread out enough so that you can go to White Cap, N.P., or Oz to get away from the crowding. By Monday, everyone will decide to head home, or just have a few runs because it is too cold.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Wawa on Sunday with my wife, her sister, and her sister's son (age 6). Pretty low key this winter. I'll be mostly sitting in the loge with my son while she takes a lesson :)

It's OK ... an investment in our skiing future!