• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

"Forget Your Pants" Gene?

darent

:-D:-D
Oh i forgot to add this corollary : that GRANDCHILDREN, are the rewards you get,For not killin yer own young while they are under your roof ;). :D

grandkids get even for grandparents for grap that your kids did, it is a chuckle to watch our son go nuts with his two daughters:-D:-D

Bene288

I forgot my skis once. Had poles, boots, back pack all ready but left the skis against the stairs. That's what happens when you're rushed I guess. At least I was only 10 minutes from my house when realized it.

My girlfriend forgot her pants once. I told her 10 times to make sure she packed everything. We got to Belleayre, they had some serious snow the night before mind you, and I have my boots on by the time she starts unpacking. She says to me "did you pack my pants?". You've got to be kidding! we go to the shop on the mountain and they're asking like $100+ for crappy Walmart grade snow pants. We only had like 30 extra bucks to spend and I had just gotten my wallet stolen so my credit cards hadn't come back. We raided the lost and found, nothing. I'm fuming and she's crying so I drive down to the shop at the bottom of the hill and see what they have. The woman down there knew us from getting the cheap tickets, she was so nice to us and gave us a pair of junior size pants for $25. They were marked at $50. Finally got on the hill at 11:00 and had a great day. Next time we went we paid the difference to the shop and if my memory serves me well I think we brought the woman a bottle of wine.

So much stress over something so minuscule. 1st world problems I guess.

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

When I went to Snowbasin Utah I forgot my goggles and it was storming out, whole day, so perfect strangers in the lift line saw I didn't have goggles on and I didn't have extra money so when asked they offered me there 2 pair from the guys truck, I had to meet him in the lodge at the end of the day, which I did, some of the nicest people live their.

MadMadWorld

Suffered from what?

The "forget yours pants" gene :) It was bad enough during the day to day stuff but when she was pregnant the 2nd time we took a long weekend up north with my son for a mini ski trip. I was responsible for packing all the snow gear while she was responsible for the underneath stuff. Needless to say, he skied one day with cargo shorts under his snow pants. Thankfully it was a warm day and he didn't mind too much.

BenedictGomez

I forgot my base later pants TODAY. Had to make an emergency stop at the Walmart in Kingston on the way up to Gore. I have the "gene defect".

gottabelight

getting some father / son time is great even if you don't get on the slopes. Funny story though

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
So we get to platty today and take everything out and...there are only 3 ski pants for the 4 of us. My 10 yo daughter's pants are not there. I immediateky blame the wife for forgetting them (of course I blame her right away, lol). But, she said she really didnt remember bringing them home. So, I told her to run downstairs and check lost and found. 2 mins later she is back with her pants! You gotta love Platty. Lost and found saved me whatever a new pair of pants would have cost in the lodge shop !!!

Cornhead

So we get to platty today and take everything out and...there are only 3 ski pants for the 4 of us. My 10 yo daughter's pants are not there. I immediateky blame the wife for forgetting them (of course I blame her right away, lol). But, she said she really didnt remember bringing them home. So, I told her to run downstairs and check lost and found. 2 mins later she is back with her pants! You gotta love Platty. Lost and found saved me whatever a new pair of pants would have cost in the lodge shop !!!

Ha! Got her own pants back, that's funny! I've been telling people my story, many have suggested we should have went to the hill's lost and found and "borrowed" a pair. I can picture my Son rolling his eyes at the suggestion. What I don't understand is why you wouldn't put your pants on at your house? Elk is only a forty minute drive. Why would you want to change at the hill? I had to work all day, didn't really want to do that in my ski pants.

Sorry to hear Platty was a bust, it was looking good earlier in the week. Was anyone poaching closed trails, or was there just not enough cover? I've skied 6" on zero base there on closed trails, and it was great.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Ha! Got her own pants back, that's funny! I've been telling people my story, many have suggested we should have went to the hill's lost and found and "borrowed" a pair. I can picture my Son rolling his eyes at the suggestion. What I don't understand is why you wouldn't put your pants on at your house? Elk is only a forty minute drive. Why would you want to change at the hill? I had to work all day, didn't really want to do that in my ski pants.

Sorry to hear Platty was a bust, it was looking good earlier in the week. Was anyone poaching closed trails, or was there just not enough cover? I've skied 6" on zero base there on closed trails, and it was great.

IMHO, Platty was not a bust! We were prety much left to just the snowmaking trails, but he resurfaced everyrhing during the week and had a really good product. Northface did get skied off after about 2..but Block and the triple side skied really well all day. Not really enough snow to go offtrail or closed trails....but there were some snowboard tracks rightbunder the doubke that were hitting bottom on every turn! Going back for round 2 soon once we can motivate, get out of bed and have some breakfast.

ScottySkis

IMHO, Platty was not a bust! We were prety much left to just the snowmaking trails, but he resurfaced everyrhing during the week and had a really good product. Northface did get skied off after about 2..but Block and the triple side skied really well all day. Not really enough snow to go offtrail or closed trails....but there were some snowboard tracks rightbunder the doubke that were hitting bottom on every turn! Going back for round 2 soon once we can motivate, get out of bed and have some breakfast.
Glad to hear Platty doing good with conditions and some selling tickets this weekend, Mark do you rent house by Platty or go back to your home each night sorry if this question is to much information on A zone? Have fun today I know you will because your at Platty.

Mpdsnowman

Lol I think everyone at some point forgets something like that. Im guilty of the "where's my jacket syndrome" lol..

mitchmac

My wife and I were making a trip out to Elk some years back and asked her brother and girlfriend if they wanted to go. They said sure but wanted to take their own car. So, swing by their place and off we went, 2 car caravan. We get on Route 80, and my brother-in-law speeds past me and gets off at the first exit. So, naturally I'm thinking "what the hell is going on?" Turns out he forgot his pants and had to go back to his house to pick them up. So, I followed him back, and the whole thing may have cost us 20 minutes. And I, of course, professional day-tripper that I am at the time, spend the whole ride up there bitching along the lines of "who the hell can forget their ski pants???" Well, you guessed it, we get there and I realize I'm one of those guys. Spent the whole day skiing in sweats!

gottabelight

last week on our way out for a day hike I managed to remember my pants but forgot to stop at the last gas station before heading out into the middle of nowhere... about 15 minutes down the road I realise I am not going to have enough gas to get us to our destination and back again, so we had to swing around and head back to the gas station... oops...