• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you use the safety bar when riding a chairlift?

Do you use the safety bar?

• Refuse to use the bar under all circumstances.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dmc

All this being said - I ALWAYS use a bar weather Im boarding or tele skiing...

The worst is is no bar - where the lift is attached to the center and not the sides...

Smellytele

All this being said - I ALWAYS use a bar weather Im boarding or tele skiing...

The worst is is no bar - where the lift is attached to the center and not the sides...

The worst is no BAR - where the ski area has no pub. For the longest time I never knew there was a bar at Cannon when it was down stairs. I finally found it when I was 22 or so. :lol: Are there any ski areas without pubs?

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com

I suppose you would not enjoy Wildcat Double at Alta:
topstation3.jpg

http://www.skilifts.org/old/ut-alta.htm

Peter

I always do, seeing how I have a fear of heights. I usually get pretty freaked out if the bar isn't down (especially if it's windy).

timm

I always use the bar (when applicable), just out of habit. Let people know before I bring it down if riding up with strangers.

skisheep

Usually pull the bar down footrest is nice and I figure 99.9% of the time there is no need but that one time when the lift does an E stop or that big gust of wind comes better safe than sorry. If others on chair will allow them to choose but atleast at Whiteface most people bring them down for the footrest, and also some of those chairs(Summit Quad in particular) can get WINDY!

-skisheep

Bobt2ski

I always use the safety bar also. Have seen a few people fall from a lift and not a good site.

dmw

Today I was on a lift at Wachusett with a mom and a kid who was 4 or 5 and tiny. He was sitting so far forward on the edge of the seat I thought he might slip and fall thru even with the bar down. Very sketchy but she didn't seem worried...

I usually put the bar down, see no reason not to.