Gore Trivia Challenge 2013 Results / Winners Thread

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Gore Trivia Challenge 2013 Results / Winners Thread

Official Results Thread!

Remember, you can enter once per day by clicking HERE. All correct entries get put in the pot for a drawing at the end for the grand prize of Rossignol skis.

Good luck!
    Question # Start Date End Date Answer Winner
    1. What is Gore’s newest, ultra-comfortable, high-speed lift? 1/16 1/18 Burnt Ridge Quad Ted Reilly
    2. The Gore Region is famous for its historic (and modern-day!), delivering skiers from the Albany area and NYC. What year did the first snow train come to North Creek? 1/19 1/21 1934 Brad Fahsel
    3. What Gore trail is named after a famous logger? 1/22 1/24 Peter Gay Kevin Kelley
    4. What time of night does the tubing park most often close? 1/25 1/27 9:00PM Steven Moores
    5. How much is it to ski on “Why Not Wednesdays” when you bring an unopened Coca-Cola product? 1/28 1/30 $42 Adam St. Ours
    6. What is the name of Gore Mountain’s beginner terrain park? 1/31 2/2 Jibland Erin Cobb
    7. What room is reserved for private parties and corporate gatherings? 2/3 2/5 Topridge
    Room
    Charles
    Scholes
    8. Which of Gore Mountain’s four peaks is most recently developed? 2/6 2/8 Little Gore Anastasia
    Ivanova
    9. What brand of skis does Gore Mountain most often rent? 2/9 2/11 Rossignol Bryan Beneduci
    10. Where can you get mid-mountain hot chocolate? 2/12 2/14 Saddle Lodge Gary Cunninghame
    11. Which trail opened first, The Rumor or Lies? 2/15 2/17 The Rumor Dave Burton
    12. Where does Gore draw its snowmaking water from? 2/18 2/20 Hudson River Ann Sawyer
    13. What does Gore name most of its newest ski trails after? 2/21 2/23 The Great Camps of the Adirondacks Thomas Cody
    14. What trail did the late 10th Mtn Division hero Bill Charles receive a lifetime season pass for naming? 2/24 2/26 Showcase Heather Scholes
    15. What is the official vehicle manufacturer of Gore Mountain? 2/27 3/1 Chevrolet Paul Connelie
    16. Which glades are named after the garnet operation once located on the back side of Gore? 3/2 3/4 Mineshaft Glades Amy Quigley
    17. What is the name of a Gore Mountain Breakfast Sandwich? 3/5 3/7 Trailblazer Ben Quigley
    18. What is Gore Mountain's largest trail in acreage? 3/8 3/10 Twister Adam St. Ours
    19. What Gore Mountain trail name definition means “uproar”? 3/11 3/13 Hullabaloo Tyler Henry
    20. Question 20: Which of Gore Mountain’s newest trails gets you from Echo to Twister? 3/14 3/16 Crystal Andrea Sotela

Grand Prize Winner: TBD
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Updates for Questions 1, 2, 3!

Awesome! Thanks skiing free is one of my favorite things to do!
    The Mountains are calling ~ I must go!

Congrats to the next winner of Question #4; Steven Moores!

PS: If you haven't gotten your ticket yet, they should be with me soon; and they will go right out in the mail asap.

Snow showers in the ADK over the next few days. Perfect to rebuild the base for when I win my free ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Bear View Post
    Snow showers in the ADK over the next few days. Perfect to rebuild the base for when I win my free ticket.
    Speak of the devil :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Speak of the devil :P
    Wait, what? Seriously? Ha! I feel like you did that just to shut me up.

Nope. I pull all the correct answers, find the # of entries, and randomly draw a # using random.org. Your ticket came up

Well, I thank you. You may be single handedly responsible for a Gore/Whiteface long weekend that I otherwise would not have taken.

Thread Information