• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore Trivia Challenge 2013 Results / Winners Thread

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Official Results Thread!

Remember, you can enter once per day by clicking HERE. All correct entries get put in the pot for a drawing at the end for the grand prize of Rossignol skis.

:daffy:Good luck! :spread:
Question #Start DateEnd DateAnswerWinner
1. What is Gore’s newest, ultra-comfortable, high-speed lift?1/161/18Burnt Ridge QuadTed Reilly
2. The Gore Region is famous for its historic (and modern-day!), delivering skiers from the Albany area and NYC. What year did the first snow train come to North Creek?1/191/211934Brad Fahsel
3. What Gore trail is named after a famous logger?1/221/24Peter GayKevin Kelley
4. What time of night does the tubing park most often close?1/251/279:00PMSteven Moores
5. How much is it to ski on “Why Not Wednesdays” when you bring an unopened Coca-Cola product?1/281/30$42Adam St. Ours
6. What is the name of Gore Mountain’s beginner terrain park?1/312/2JiblandErin Cobb
7. What room is reserved for private parties and corporate gatherings?2/32/5Topridge
Room
Charles
Scholes
8. Which of Gore Mountain’s four peaks is most recently developed?2/62/8Little GoreAnastasia
Ivanova
9. What brand of skis does Gore Mountain most often rent?2/92/11RossignolBryan Beneduci
10. Where can you get mid-mountain hot chocolate?2/122/14Saddle LodgeGary Cunninghame
11. Which trail opened first, The Rumor or Lies?2/152/17The RumorDave Burton
12. Where does Gore draw its snowmaking water from?2/182/20Hudson RiverAnn Sawyer
13. What does Gore name most of its newest ski trails after?2/212/23The Great Camps of the AdirondacksThomas Cody
14. What trail did the late 10th Mtn Division hero Bill Charles receive a lifetime season pass for naming?2/242/26ShowcaseHeather Scholes
15. What is the official vehicle manufacturer of Gore Mountain?2/273/1ChevroletPaul Connelie
16. Which glades are named after the garnet operation once located on the back side of Gore?3/23/4Mineshaft GladesAmy Quigley
17. What is the name of a Gore Mountain Breakfast Sandwich?3/53/7TrailblazerBen Quigley
18. What is Gore Mountain's largest trail in acreage?3/83/10TwisterAdam St. Ours
19. What Gore Mountain trail name definition means “uproar”?3/113/13HullabalooTyler Henry
20. Question 20: Which of Gore Mountain’s newest trails gets you from Echo to Twister?3/143/16CrystalAndrea Sotela

Grand Prize Winner: TBD

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Congrats to the next winner of Question #4; Steven Moores!

PS: If you haven't gotten your ticket yet, they should be with me soon; and they will go right out in the mail asap.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Nope. I pull all the correct answers, find the # of entries, and randomly draw a # using random.org. Your ticket came up :)

BenedictGomez

What model of Rossignol skis are they?

My interest increased once I staked a claim of a 5% chance of winning them. :flag:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
All correct entries count towards the skis, even if you don't win a weekly drawing :) So enter daily!

I actually don't know the model yet. Sorry, will let you know as soon as I find out. C'mon though, they are free skis :)

BenedictGomez

C'mon though, they are free skis :)

I didnt mean anything bad, I just meant I only cared once I thought I had a chance to actually win them! (Because I had thought only winning entries got a shot at the skies, I didnt realize all correct answers did).

BenedictGomez

I've been 5 for 5! Still waiting on lady luck though..

I've been pretty impressed with how HARD some of these questions are. Most have not been the sort of things you can find out in a 45 second Google search. One of them took me about 20 minutes to figure out.