• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore Trivia Challenge 2013 Results / Winners Thread

St. Jerry

Official Results Thread!

Remember, you can enter once per day by clicking HERE. All winning entries get put in the pot for a drawing at the end for the grand prize of Rossignol skis.

:daffy:Good luck! :spread:
Question #Start DateEnd DateAnswerWinner
1. What is Gore’s newest, ultra-comfortable, high-speed lift?1/161/18Burnt Ridge QuadTed Reilly
2. The Gore Region is famous for its historic (and modern-day!), delivering skiers from the Albany area and NYC. What year did the first snow train come to North Creek?1/191/211934Brad Fahsel
3. What Gore trail is named after a famous logger?1/221/24Peter GayKevin Kelley
4. What time of night does the tubing park most often close?1/251/279:00PMSteven Moores
5. How much is it to ski on “Why Not Wednesdays” when you bring an unopened Coca-Cola product?1/281/30$42Adam St. Ours
6. What is the name of Gore Mountain’s beginner terrain park?1/312/2JiblandErin Cobb
7. What room is reserved for private parties and corporate gatherings?2/32/5Topridge
Room
Charles
Scholes
8. Which of Gore Mountain’s four peaks is most recently developed?2/62/8Little GoreAnastasia
Ivanova
9. What brand of skis does Gore Mountain most often rent?2/92/11RossignolBryan Beneduci
10. Where can you get mid-mountain hot chocolate?2/122/14Saddle LodgeGary Cunninghame
11. Which trail opened first, The Rumor or Lies?2/152/17The RumorDave Burton
12. Where does Gore draw its snowmaking water from? 2/182/20
13. TBD2/212/23
14. TBD2/242/26
15. TBD2/273/1
16. TBD3/23/4
17. TBD3/53/7
18. TBD3/83/10
19. TBD3/113/13
20. TBD3/143/16

Your answer to #8, "Which of Gore Mountain’s four peaks is most recently developed" is incorrect. Little Gore was orignially developed in the 1930s and then had a lift going to the summit in the 1960s. The correct answer is Burnt Ridge (which I submitted).
http://www.nelsap.org/ny/goremountain1.html

Please advise how you want to handle this. thankks

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Your answer to #8, "Which of Gore Mountain’s four peaks is most recently developed" is incorrect. Little Gore was orignially developed in the 1930s and then had a lift going to the summit in the 1960s. The correct answer is Burnt Ridge (which I submitted).

We had about 50/50 answers on this one, actually. The answers we have came direct from Gore. I will check w/ them :)

gmcunni

i would like to lodge a formal protest regarding :
3. What Gore trail is named after a famous logger?

while Pete Gay may be a correct answer I also believe Woodchuck should have been accepted. Who's ever heard of Pete Gay? But who here doesn't know the limerick "How much wood could a Woodchuck chuck if a Woodchuck could chuck wood?"

I will take an AZ Hoodie (black, XL) as compensation for the mix up. Thanks.

BenedictGomez

We had about 50/50 answers on this one, actually. The answers we have came direct from Gore. I will check w/ them :)

That one took me a while to figure out. I had to review old trail maps, and although I didnt win, I found the answer to be Little Gore Mountain.

Gore Mountain's answer regarding Gore Mountain history, is (not shockingly) correct.

Was this part of the post in jest?

If so, your kind of sarcasm is similar to mine and I'd probably get along well with you.

If not, you're an utter douchebag.

Bene288

The NC Ski Bowl has the newest chair, which is on the Little Gore peak..so the original answer was right.

Just got my ticket and abundance of AZ stickers, thanks, Nick!

ScottySkis

I entered the contest today, I think the answer to the question with out given away the answer is lots and lots lots enjoy it lol

jerseydaze

im Dave Burton how do I get my pass?