• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Database Errors

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey all,

Please bear with me. After we did some updates yesterday it turns out we are getting sporadic database errors. I had one this morning on me. I will be reviewing it later this afternoon. The site will still work but it's a memory issue we are working on. Thx!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I made a quick memory adjustment. Will continue checking.

I noticed that the server is running on 32 bit Linux OS, which is kind of wasteful because we have 4gb of RAM and it doesn't take full advantage of that. Going to see about creating a new 64 bit server and migrating over to that to help with speed and avoid errors.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm getting a message that there is a Trojan Program trying to download to my computer from the site.

thetrailboss

Staff member
It's only from AZ.

I'm using Kaspersky for anti-virus and viewing through Chrome.

And I get a warning message every AZ page I view.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Looks like there is something wrong with the search feature that is triggering my message. The message is also saying "Database error" and that there is a Trojan program from AZ.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hmm. The only things that were tweaked today were memory settings on the server. Can you send me any logs or anything so I can try to troubleshoot more?