• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Camelback Ski Resort 1/26/13

TropicTundR

Date(s) Skied: 1/26/13
Resort or Ski Area: Camelback
Conditions: Cold, dry packed powder(my skis could sing and scream!)
Trip Report: We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun. My skis were finally carving PA pow pow. Avoided blues and Greens as they were crowded. These are the best conditions so far this year. Hurry up and go tomorrow before the warming trend this week to avoid the crowds. What I love about CB is the # of lifts up the mountain, although most runs are short, you'll ski to a double or triple chair without lines. The cold kept everybody discplined and not laying around on the trails.

Trails of the day: Cliffhanger, Pharoah, ASP, Sick mammary size moguls on Rocket:razz:

Cornhead

I'll have to try Camelback someday, Elk and Shawnee are the only PA resorts I've been to. Glad you had fun.

4aprice

Camelback skied well today. Busy but not overrun. Trails in really nice shape with little ice and held up well through the day. The bumps on Rocket were gone this morning, however, in a nice surprise Marjies got bumped up and was really fun till the shadows made it impossible to ski. Front 4 gets hardly any sun till mid February. Lower Cleo is ready for bumps but they need to do some seeding to really get them going. Really cold morning with fingers and toes getting pretty cold. Weather coming in tomorrow could be interesting, could see some good snow before change over.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Cornhead

Try Sno Cornhead 10 dollars for an all day Tuesday pass or show another mt pass on Mon for half price. White Lightning is pretty fun.
I've read about White Lightning in other posts, is it really that steep? Hitting some nearby PA hills would be an easy way to bump up my "places I've skied" total. Thanks for the info on Sno.