• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Keurig and K-cups Tirade

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bump.

So I do miss our old grinder/brewer, but it was messy and also wasteful because we would always dump some coffee out that was left over. Our grinder also gave out after three years (it was a nice grinder/brewer we got for our wedding, but I know it was an expensive machine). And yes it was messy.

We have had a Keurig for almost two years. It is convenient and works pretty well. I do have to clean the needle about twice a month because of how much we use it (that is an easy step). It does go through the water filters a lot, but we use it a lot.

I hate the fact that we can't easily recycle the plastic cups.

Agree that Costco is the place to get K-cups in bulk. We are going through a lot of them.

deadheadskier

Staff member
We've got a big plastic problem in this world.

Maybe they'll figure out away to manufacture the K cups with biodegradable hemp plastic.

Funky_Catskills

We've got a big plastic problem in this world.

Maybe they'll figure out away to manufacture the K cups with biodegradable hemp plastic.

Huge problem...

They made it so you can't even use reusable/refillable cups with hacking...
Really pissed me off.. With the new ones you HAVE to use the Kuerig cups. Unless you pull the top off one and tape it to the other... F that...

Puck it

Huge problem...

They made it so you can't even use reusable/refillable cups with hacking...
Really pissed me off.. With the new ones you HAVE to use the Kuerig cups. Unless you pull the top off one and tape it to the other... F that...
they have ways now to use non k cups on the vue.