waterproofing pants - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation

Re: waterproofing pants

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    You should probably get the garden hose out tonight and test them. Would suck to be out on an epic day and you're soaked to you underwear.
    Can you video tape that and post in YouTube thread that would be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    You should probably get the garden hose out tonight and test them. Would suck to be out on an epic day and you're soaked to you underwear.
    garden hoses are put away for the winter. i could take a shower with my pants on tho
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2017/18
    Breck - 12/22 1/6 1/7 2/3 2/10 2/25 3/3 3/17 3/25
    Keystone - 12/26 3/30
    Beaver Creek - 1/20 3/26
    Vail - 3/27

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Goretex man. guaranteed dry.
    I was in a sailboat race in a good nor'easter blow, the crew was in Atlantis goretex sailing gear, I was wearing a columbia camo non goretex duck hunting parka and pant, at the end of the day I was the only dry person on deck! we were getting hit all day with spray and waves,

Quote Originally Posted by darent View Post
    I was in a sailboat race in a good nor'easter blow, the crew was in Atlantis goretex sailing gear, I was wearing a columbia camo non goretex duck hunting parka and pant, at the end of the day I was the only dry person on deck! we were getting hit all day with spray and waves,
    Goretext even whent he fabric gets that wet look doesn't (isn't supposed to) permeate through to below. There is a "middle layer" even on very thing shells of the actual goretex fabric.

They didn't get wet from water going into / under somehow, (vs. through) the fabric?

I've always had good luck with goretex so far. No coating necessary, just wash it ever couple months.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

me and my wife have(expensive) goretex snowboard gear, both of us still get wet, mainly thru the pants. i have AK and volcom gear, 2 and 3 layer goretex stuff. no probs with jackets. test them in the shower, i did.

I've used both the wash-in (NikWax) and the spray on stuff, and if you're after some serious waterproofing, go for the spray. Just be nice and even when you spray it, and also mind where (room) that you spray it. I think it's silicone based, and I sprayed my shit at the beginning of this season while hanging up in my LR with hardwood floor, and I damn near killed myself for about a week on that f-ing floor - it was so slippery!

But yeah, I think you could waterproof a pair of jeans with enough of the spray on stuff.

Is it me or does that spray on stuff really have an odd smell?

Q: after using the spray on, do you guys put the garment in the dryer to bake on the stuff?
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

waterproofing pants

Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post

Q: after using the spray on, do you guys put the garment in the dryer to bake on the stuff?
    I didn't notice any smell. I let mine air dry.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2017/18
    Breck - 12/22 1/6 1/7 2/3 2/10 2/25 3/3 3/17 3/25
    Keystone - 12/26 3/30
    Beaver Creek - 1/20 3/26
    Vail - 3/27

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    I didn't notice any smell. I let mine air dry.
    Ditto on both. Never heard of throwing it in the dryer.

Re: waterproofing pants

Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post

Didnt notice any odd smell. I put mine in the dryer as that is what the instructikns said to do. Actully washed the pants and jacket first with the included detergent.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Thread Information