• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

waterproofing pants

gmcunni

i like my ski pants, they were pretty cheap and i've gotten a couple seasons out of them, but lately they've done a CRAPPY job keeping me dry. on a snowy day or one where they're making snow that falls on the chairs my butt is soaked 1/2 thru the day.

next season will look for new pants but until then has anyone successively used any after-market spray on waterproofing stuff for pants?

secondarily, what is considered a good waterproof rating, for when i do start shopping for new ones?

o3jeff

Should find a new pair now while they are starting to clearance the stuff out.

I plan on getting some of that Nikwax wash and waterproof stuff soon to wash and treat a coat. Will let you know how it works.

Hawkshot99

I recently used a wash and waterproofing spray from Grainger. After spraying the gear with the water proofer I notice the rain beads up more on the jacket than before. But I was only in the rain from the truck to walking inside so dont have a full test for dryness.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

o3jeff

I picked up some of the tech wash for my nano puff jacket, seemed to work pretty good and it got the stink out of it.

Rich

Nikwax. Tech Wash first then TX Direct. The spray on version is superior to the wash in.

I've had good luck washing my Gore Tex and performance material clothing with Sport-Wash by Atsko. It's less expensive to use than Tech Wash.