Blue Mountain PA 2/3/13

AlpineZone

Cool Blue Mountain PA 2/3/13

PA Cup Race # 5 at Blue Mountain Blue responded to my lament yesterday big time today. Arrived to find the groomers had been at work last night and freshly seeded Barney's Bumps and Nightmare. The cat driver who does this is great. I would love to kidnap him to Camelback. Basically skied the whole mountain today early watched the race and lapped bumps in the afternoon before watching the 2nd run. Crowds were busy but not too bad (Superbowl I guess). Might try to get back to Blue later this season as its an easy drive from the house, love the bumps there, and would love to see Root, GSS and the rest of the old Blue Crue.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Thanks for the report!
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

2011/12 Days:
    12/20, 12/29, 1/11, 1/22, 1/25, 2/5,2/19, 3/30, 3/31, 4/1
    2012/13 Days: 12/27, 12/28, 1/5, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 3/21, 3/23, 3/24

Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    PA Cup Race # 5 at Blue Mountain Blue responded to my lament yesterday big time today. Arrived to find the groomers had been at work last night and freshly seeded Barney's Bumps and Nightmare. The cat driver who does this is great. I would love to kidnap him to Camelback. Basically skied the whole mountain today early watched the race and lapped bumps in the afternoon before watching the 2nd run. Crowds were busy but not too bad (Superbowl I guess). Might try to get back to Blue later this season as its an easy drive from the house, love the bumps there, and would love to see Root, GSS and the rest of the old Blue Crue.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    How was the race?
    I thought it was pretty crowded on Sunday at Camelback. It didn't start to clear out, until about the time we were leaving (3:00 pm). I was disappointed that Camelback didn't have much in the way of bumps. I hoping Belleayre's bumps are good this coming Monday. I don't know if I get up to Blue the season, but might be hitting Elk on the 14th. Oh, that's Valentine's day, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Anklebiter View Post
    How was the race?
    I thought it was pretty crowded on Sunday at Camelback. It didn't start to clear out, until about the time we were leaving (3:00 pm). I was disappointed that Camelback didn't have much in the way of bumps. I hoping Belleayre's bumps are good this coming Monday. I don't know if I get up to Blue the season, but might be hitting Elk on the 14th. Oh, that's Valentine's day, maybe not.
    Good bumps on Rocket as of this morning AB. I think there will be more especially if we get some natural. Blues bumps were outstanding. I expect bumps at Elk when I visit at the end of the month. I always found Belleayre to have decent moguls but haven't been in a while.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Good bumps on Rocket as of this morning AB. I think there will be more especially if we get some natural. Blues bumps were outstanding. I expect bumps at Elk when I visit at the end of the month. I always found Belleayre to have decent moguls but haven't been in a while.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    I've always like Blues and Elks. Elk had nice bumps on tioga spur in early January. I'll let you how Elk is next week, if I go.

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point

Re: Blue Mountain PA 2/3/13

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    On Monday they had moguls under the quad chair and another trail. I think if they get some snow this weekend, they will probably have some great bumps by the end of the month for you.
    Got to get high upb oh so high up and enjoy the mountains .

is ski patrol @ blue still psycho?
    Connecticut's only Double Black Diamond:
    Satan's Stairway
    Ski it if you can

shit happens, wear a helmet.

How's GSS?

If it's snowin' I'm goin'

Thread Information