• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Utah next March 20 lets.GO2013

soulseller

I fly out on 3/21 for a few days at Solitude. Can't wait....

I just got back Sunday, we did 3 days, 1 each at Snowbasin, Powder, and Brighton. Brighton had by far the best conditions and was also most similar to EC skiing. If I were a local I'm pretty sure Powder would be my spot. Snowbasin was fun, some great lines through there avalanche gates but overall not the best snow conditions.

wa-loaf

Just got back with 4 back to back powder days! Dumping every morning and some blue bird in the afternoon. The best ski trip I've had in a long time including some back country stuff off of Brighton. Didn't take many pics because my iphone doesn't like it when it's cold and snowy ...

Alta Goldminer's Daughter_small.jpg

ScottySkis

Just got back with 4 back to back powder days! Dumping every morning and some blue bird in the afternoon. The best ski trip I've had in a long time including some back country stuff off of Brighton. Didn't take many pics because my iphone doesn't like it when it's cold and snowy ...

View attachment 8426

I miss that great city and mountains of snow. thanks for pictures and 4 powder days must have been so bad, and you buy drinks at the bar, I hear from other A zoners that the low percentage of alcohol makes them want to not to go, I happy with that because more snow for people who do go.

kickstand

This isn't me, but this is Sat morning at Alta:

Ski patrol at Solitude said Saturday was their best day of the season. They went over the 300" mark for the season in this storm. And to think, this is a down season for the Wasatch. That was the most incredible skiing I've ever had....

...I hear from other A zoners that the low percentage of alcohol makes them want to not to go, I happy with that because more snow for people who do go.

Freakin' lame. Let them stay home. More powder for the rest of the people there to ski. Besides, the low ABV is for taps only, I believe. The bar at Solitude had high ABV stuff in bottles, and we had all kinds of stuff 6.0 and higher back in the room - Deschutes Inversion IPA (6.-something %), Firestone Walker Union Jack (7.5%), etc....

4aprice

View attachment 8426

Out here right now. Great snow. Did Brighton today. Looks like Wa-Loaf got the pow and don't know if we will be so lucky (though there are still pockets to be found). Will be doing some hiking and a trip to Pow Mow where we may go cat skiing.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

wa-loaf

Did Brighton today. Looks like Wa-Loaf got the pow and don't know if we will be so lucky (though there are still pockets to be found).

The chutes out of bounds out of the gate from the top of Great Western are sweet, with an open powder field at the bottom, and then some low angle trees you can really cruise through. Just stay left at the gully towards the bottom and it drops you back at bottom of the same lift. Or Traverse along the ridge past the cliffs and there are some high meadows that lead back down to the same low angle trees.

thetrailboss

Staff member
You hit it right Wa-loaf. Another good streak of weather. It even snowed while we were moving on Saturday to make me even more :roll: that I was not skiing. Oh well. This weekend! :beer: