• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/7-2/9

hammer

One hope is that this will usher in a pattern shift and we won't keep getting these storms that blow up off the coast...but will have to see.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I'm almost ready to make the 2+ hour drive to Magic Saturday as well.
I've never driven that far for a day trip of skiing.
I'm thinking the trip is a go if they get at least 16", since right now there is little to no natural snow on the ground and if I drive that far I want to be able to sample a lot of the terrain.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Also don't ski it all off on Saturday heading to Magic on Sunday
I'll be elsewhere. I think Magic will be fine!

Regarding woods, who knows, ask the regulars. Depends on the moisture content. If I had my way, it would be lots of packable stuff in the woods. Ask the weathermen what the humidity levels look like for a better clue.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm almost ready to make the 2+ hour drive to Magic Saturday as well.
I've never driven that far for a day trip of skiing.
I'm thinking the trip is a go if they get at least 16", since right now there is little to no natural snow on the ground and if I drive that far I want to be able to sample a lot of the terrain.

Even with Friday "hordes" at Magic, you'll still have plenty of running room. I remember the last 12" dump at magic. I hadn't had that much fun in New England in years!!!

Smellytele

Even with Friday "hordes" at Magic, you'll still have plenty of running room. I remember the last 12" dump at magic. I hadn't had that much fun in New England in years!!!

Friday is not the day. Although it will snow some Friday during the day - It will ramp up after the ski day on Friday.

snoseek

This storm looks to favor Maine/MWV no? Also I'm told they have some base in the woods so you're not starting from scratch.

I'd be skipping Magic and going east if the models are correct but that's a very distant observation. Black mtn NH/wildcat/SR/Abram have lots of potential!