• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/7-2/9

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com

mlctvt

Has anyone seen wind forecasts for this storm for ski areas of Southern VT. Here on the coast in CT they're now predicting 25-35mph winds with gusts of 55-60mph and perhaps a few hurricane force gusts. The earlier forecasts had nothing about wind. If we get wet snow or mixing with those winds that would be devistating here in Coastal CT.
I'm heading to VT tomorrow night and I'm worried about wind holds Friday and Saturday. NOAA Albany says a few 20-40 MPH gusts but I'm worried it could be more severe?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Has anyone seen wind forecasts for this storm for ski areas of Southern VT. Here on the coast in CT they're now predicting 25-35mph winds with gusts of 55-60mph and perhaps a few hurricane force gusts. The earlier forecasts had nothing about wind. If we get wet snow or mixing with those winds that would be devistating here in Coastal CT.
I'm heading to VT tomorrow night and I'm worried about wind holds Friday and Saturday. NOAA Albany says a few 20-40 MPH gusts but I'm worried it could be more severe?
Go somewhere with a fixed grip, if you're worried about holds. A resort that begins with a M and ends in a C is always Mr. Reliable.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

pday4.gif

pday3.gif

soulseller

Though if I had to guess, I bet Black, NH has even fewer people there.........

This was going to be my guess and it would also be my #1 destination but I'm not driving that far Saturday morning.

Tenney Mt.

Smart man.

Tenny however is just up the road a clip, are they actually open this year? I saw someone on here say they are but I can't find anything to corroborate that statement.