• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/7-2/9

ScottySkis

I understand that Kmart has a bus that picks people up at a nearby (25 miles?) amtrak station. In today's paper, Okemo is planning to do something similar. Not that we have many storms of this magnitude.

Thank you Bill I will look into that for sure.:)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I saw an interesting video from Matt Noyes last night where he rationalized his forecast. In a nut shell, he's taking all the models and forecasting to the median.
For more, I invite you to follow me on Twitter, my weather Facebook page, my non-weather Facebook Page, and, of course, check in at my Weather Analysis Page and NECN Weather Team Blog for new posts.
As we draw closer to the storm, I've added the additional accumulation detail you're used to seeing from me on NECN, and aired these new maps on New England's Only News at 9 PM, then again at 10 and midnight - single number estimates, and additional contour where amounts should approach two feet, and some changes on the north side of the precipitation shield.
Below is the full explanation in a video forecast, including the accumulation maps - below that are the accumulation map images:

http://www.mattnoyes.net/new_england_weather/

WinnChill

Winn, Just checking the site. I see that you have Gore getting 17-21 and Pico getting 4-8. Any reason why such a difference?

Pico should be 10-15"...the edit didn't carry over...thanks for the heads up on that!

WinnChill

Should be fixed now...same for Killington--the edits didn't carry over. Sorry bout that.

jaywbigred

Holy NAM, Batman!
BCgrLHeCAAATtyd.png:large

-w

OMG. I've heard of "40 inches plus" before but not when it comes to snow! DO. WANT.

BenedictGomez

I'm hearing the 12z ECMWF is out!

((((((on pins and needles waiting in anticipation like a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber signing))))

<em>

BenedictGomez

Okay.... no graphic yet, but apparently the Euro continued to take this storm west and south (about 25 miles).

I imagine this would be:
Slightly Less snow for New England ski resorts.
Possibly much more snow for NYC, NJ.
Definitely more snow for Poconos
More snow for Catskills
Possibly more for DAX? Or not.... depends on how west vs. south the shift was I imagine.