• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Apline World Championships - Lindsey is out

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...ds-tiger-woods-jet-after-skiing-injury-201382

Anyone know she flew home on Tiger Wood's jet?

Tiger Woods still knows how to be a chivalrous gentleman. The divorced, scandal-prone golfer, 37, dispatched his private jet to an airport in Austria on Friday (Feb. 8). As photos at TMZ reveal, Woods' friend Lindsey Vonn was seen boarding the aircraft to fly home to the U.S. to undergo several necessary surgeries. Vonn suffered two torn knee ligaments earlier this week after a nasty fall doing the super-G during the Alpine Ski World Championships.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-jet-after-skiing-injury-201382#ixzz2LGHXYCW2
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

Edd

She has a long road ahead....I bet she will still have nice legs scars and all when she done.

Tore my ACL two years ago and last year it was really tough to get my head right on the hill. I still think about it way too often.

Puck it

Yah, I got a nice plaque on a tree. Glad it wasn't the scary looking snowmaking pipe that sticks up there.

Alyeska will be awful, it has been snowing for about a week or 2 and just check the weather over the next week http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Alyeska+Resort+AK+11:11:US

Simply terrible.

Now you are just rubbing it in. I had a chance to go Utah next week too with the guys you met at Cannon, but other brother is coming down and his kids are driving too.

Edd

Yikes. Mea Culpa! Has it slowed you down? After my crash I'm not even close to being the risk taker I was/could have been.

Slowed me way down last year. Better now but I'll always be more careful.

ERJ-145CA

Since we're posting pictures, here is a picture of my leg in January after my last surgery. Internal fixation (plate and screws) was applied to my tibia and a bone graft in my knee. Pic is small so if your squeamish you might not want to enlarge it.

Breeze

Seriously, folks, Lindsey is a sister to 4, and a daughter to her parents , and a grandaughter within her family and a world class ski contender. Not sure why world class women have to parade/trade booty pics for money and for sponsorship, but the extent that it turns heads to thinking of women as just fresh meat is pretty sad.

I don't think anyone in the media has ever asked Lindsey if she remembers the real tough Mommy / Daddy family time when her Mom threw a brain anurysem /stroke in Labor and Delivery with the youngest Kildow sibs, the twins, and how that shaped her early age relationship with her dad and her Mom , while mom was in a wheelchair needing assistance with twin newborns. Quite sure no media has interviewed either parent about that, it is part of the back story.

Not sorry to ask anyone to double check their reaction to "Lindsey Vonn " , There are times when it just doesn't' pay to guess.

Sue in Maine

Breeze

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Well said Sue. Kinda hard around here with the testosterone crowd. All the women were scared away years ago. I have a lot of admiration for each and every competitor at every level. but I think every day about the top of the pack; it's so much more complicated; It's not just racing. Of all the things they do, interviews on TV, sponsorship (oh that Red Bull cap), it would be nice if girls could just be girls. It all takes away from the skiing. I try not to think of athletes as race horses, they are so much more than that. I believe I have license to say these things having three daughters not far off from the average age of our Olympians.
Nice to hear some balance on this forum.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Since we're posting pictures, here is a picture of my leg in January after my last surgery. Internal fixation (plate and screws) was applied to my tibia and a bone graft in my knee. Pic is small so if your squeamish you might not want to enlarge it.

Holy !!!!!