• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Apline World Championships - Lindsey is out

Huck_It_Baby

I didn't think it looked that bad until I watched it a 2nd time. You can see her right knee buckle upon landing. ouch.

snowmonster

This has not been a good season for Lindsey Vonn. I hope she recovers quickly and dominates when she gets back.

On the other hand: Mikaela Shiffrin, "a nation turns its lonely eyes to you."

HowieT2

looked to my eyes like her knee gave out causing her to fall. expect to hear of ligament damage. welcome to the club lindsey

wa-loaf

You all beat me to it. Hope it's not more than an ACL.

Julia Mancuso pulled out the Bronze.

drjeff

Early media reports is that she broke her right tibula and possibly also fibula (your lower leg bones) just above her boot top :eek:

You can kind of see her leg buckle at the boot top level in slo-mo :eek:

Hope she's ok and heals well with the Sochi games starting about a year from now

Puck it

Early media reports is that she broke her right tibula and possibly also fibula (your lower leg bones) just above her boot top :eek:

You can kind of see her leg buckle at the boot top level in slo-mo :eek:

Hope she's ok and heals well with the Sochi games starting about a year from now

I watched in slo mo and I don't see the boot top fracture as the injury. It looks like the right knee buckles in. It looks like a MCL and ACL tear to me.

mriceyman

ouchhhhhhhhh... when a knee buckles like that it makes me cringe.. thats a shame

neil

I watched it frame by frame and it looks disgusting.

o3jeff

Ouch, saw it on the news, could hear her screaming. Hope for a speedy recovery with the Olympics around the corner.