• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Apline World Championships - Lindsey is out

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Seriously, folks, Lindsey is a sister to 4, and a daughter to her parents , and a grandaughter within her family and a world class ski contender. Not sure why world class women have to parade/trade booty pics for money and for sponsorship, but the extent that it turns heads to thinking of women as just fresh meat is pretty sad.

I don't think anyone in the media has ever asked Lindsey if she remembers the real tough Mommy / Daddy family time when her Mom threw a brain anurysem /stroke in Labor and Delivery with the youngest Kildow sibs, the twins, and how that shaped her early age relationship with her dad and her Mom , while mom was in a wheelchair needing assistance with twin newborns. Quite sure no media has interviewed either parent about that, it is part of the back story.

Not sorry to ask anyone to double check their reaction to "Lindsey Vonn " , There are times when it just doesn't' pay to guess.

Sue in Maine

Breeze

Your critique has less to do with skiing and more to do with the sorry state of American culture.

deadheadskier

Staff member
so do your part to challenge comments that subvert humanity to sexualized ideation..

Breeze

I understand what you're saying, but let's be honest here; sexualized ideation is a natural part of humanity. Some choose to speak about it, some don't and those who do aren't subverting humanity; they just have less of a filter towards being politically correct. Considering Lindsey's decision to participate in the SI swimsuit issue, my guess is she sides on the side of speaking about sexual ideation too. She displays a great deal of vanity in her public persona. I bet she's equally if not more concerned if her leg is still "hot" than those discussing her injury on the internet.

By the way, I was unaware of the story concerning the struggles of her mom's health while delivering her twin siblings. I do agree that that should be talked about more, but is that the medias fault or Lindsey's?

ScottySkis

I understand what you're saying, but let's be honest here; sexualized ideation is a natural part of humanity. Some choose to speak about it, some don't and those who do aren't subverting humanity; they just have less of a filter towards being politically correct. Considering Lindsey's decision to participate in the SI swimsuit issue, my guess is she sides on the side of speaking about sexual ideation too. She displays a great deal of vanity in her public persona. I bet she's equally if not more concerned if her leg is still "hot" than those discussing her injury on the internet.

By the way, I was unaware of the story concerning the struggles of her mom's health while delivering her twin siblings. I do agree that that should be talked about more, but is that the medias fault or Lindsey's?
Great points DHS, and maybe she does not want the media to know about her mom.:thumbup:

Puck it

My leg is still hot after four surgeries!

Breeze

Hoping for great news with our current injured, we have a 12 YO daughter of a board member on the roster of injured...... is it different that she is only 12 and the daughter of a board member.

legalskier

Lindsey Vonn rips officials over crash

..."I don't think the jury made the right call," Vonn said to journalists on a teleconference...."The fog came in and delayed the start of the race. We were waiting on the edge of our seats for hours. I had no chance to go back to my bus and relax. When I was at the start, I was ready to go, but I had no idea what the course conditions were. I inspected the course at 8 a.m. and I ran the course at about 3:15."...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rehab-knee-criticizes-race-officials/1939555/