• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This Friday storm is for real !

bobbutts

gyx-StormTotalSnowFcst-2.png

bos-StormTotalSnowFcst-2.png

timm

Not sure yet. Wildcat, Sugarbush, Loon, Magic all in the running. Whatever looks the best forecast wise tomorrow afternoon, within 3.5 of Boston.

wa-loaf

Still waiting for Lucy to come pull the football out from under us ...

Smellytele

Lucy will be the wind at some places on Saturday. Which won't bother me much because I'll be close to home at Pats Peak and then when the wind dies down I will be at Magic on Sunday.

vcunning

Leaving shortly for Mount Snow. Amazing that both of my kids suddenly became sick and couldn't go to school today.

drjeff

Leaving shortly for Mount Snow. Amazing that both of my kids suddenly became sick and couldn't go to school today.

:lol: I figured I'd atleast send mine to school today before making the drive North. I do find it kind of ironic though that I'm actually driving to a place that's supposed to get less snow (Mount Snow "only 15-18" forcasted) than my house in CT (under a Blizzard watch and 18-24" forcasted now) :rolleyes:

My favorite tid bit I heard about potential snowfall estimates was this morning as I was exercising, one of the on air meteorologists from NBC Connecticut was talking about how some forcast models factor in different variables over others more significantly, and one of the "outlyer" models was calling for the Worcester, Mass area if it all came together as the model thought (total moisture falling, snow density, etc, etc, etc) to get 70"!!!

Just hope that late tommorrow and Saturday that folks don't have to do too much travel in the general "inside 128"/I-95 down to Providence and I-195 out the the Cape area - if they get the 2 feet or so of predicted snow and winds approaching hurricane gust strengths as forcasted there's no way the plows will be able to keep up with the drifting, let alone the white out issues :eek:

kingslug

Well I hope NY gets at least a foot! The best I can do is Hunter and Platt for Friday and Sat..then the bus ride from HELL Sunday to K to get the scraps..should be good scraps though...