• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Patagonia.com

wa-loaf

How's the sizing on the R1? I've been looking to pick up either the pullover or the hoody

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

They changed the fit and I returned the last one I bought because it had too much of an athletic fit than previous versions.

Ah, why don't you just drop in the Freeport shop and try one on?

thetrailboss

Staff member
They changed the fit and I returned the last one I bought because it had too much of an athletic fit than previous versions.

Agreed. The 2013 season looks like the last one with the old fit.

BackLoafRiver

wa-loaf;907002. said:

They didn't have any in my size the last time I went. I was going to scoot down again this week in hopes that they got a few in

thetrailboss

Staff member
They didn't have any in my size the last time I went. I was going to scoot down again this week in hopes that they got a few in

If it's like the store in SLC, their inventory rotates regularly and I bet that they are trying to get rid of the "older" stuff because of the change in colors, etc. I have three different R2 coats in different colors. They are a staple of my ski and mountaineering wardrobe. The R3 seemed to miss the mark...it is too warm for me. And the R4 is awesome for real cold windy conditions, in which I normally wear a hard or softshell. I have an R4 from 2003 that has served me well. It was when they sewed the logo onto the jacket instead of using a patch label:

m_54bb1252fb666a146a11a438.jpg

And it was Made in the USA. Too bad they still aren't.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've always found the selection in Freeport at both Pategonia or North Face to be poor. They'll have a ton of inventory of a few items in either XS or XXL. Basically a dumping ground for off sizes.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I've always found the selection in Freeport at both Pategonia or North Face to be poor. They'll have a ton of inventory of a few items in either XS or XXL. Basically a dumping ground for off sizes.

I have not been to the Freeport Store since 2012 or 2013, but before 2010 or so that was my experience with the Patagonia store--bad selection, meh prices, and really hit or miss. In 2010 I had a lot of luck there.....maybe it was just me.

The SLC store is the same....lots of recent outerwear but hit or miss. The big sales were very good, but the last few I went to really had the same stuff all over again.

bigbog

How's the sizing on the R1? I've been looking to pick up either the pullover or the hoody

I have a basic, single-layer midlayer(maybe R2?)..in comparison to another, thicker mid(maybe X2) layer, not sure of name = breatheable(works very well!)..04' = still works well.

My 42chest = Large was comfy-snug when new, but now snug...if that helps any.

Cut: 81521
Sty[le?]: 4420F9888052271513 (if this is anywhere to be checked..(lol)).

..Think I would go with XL in the same. Agree kinda pricey...someone didn't create the pseudo-name Patagucci for nothing...

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
I have a basic, single-layer midlayer(maybe R2?)..in comparison to another, thicker mid(maybe X2) layer, not sure of name = breatheable(works very well!)..04' = still works well.

My 42chest = Large was comfy-snug when new, but now snug...if that helps any.

Cut: 81521
Sty[le?]: 4420F9888052271513 (if this is anywhere to be checked..(lol)).

..Think I would go with XL in the same. Agree kinda pricey...someone didn't create the pseudo-name Patagucci for nothing...

Looks like that is a Fall 2009 model ("F9").

thetrailboss

Staff member
And I swung by my local outlet last night. Was not really impressed. Lots of irregular stuff at high prices and lots of the newer stuff which was meh.

BackLoafRiver

Actually found a medium close out at Kittery Trading Post today. Fit was a bit baggy. Enough so I am tempted by a small. I don't necessarily want it to hug the scary spots but I also don't want to look like a bum. Nice piece however

thetrailboss

Staff member
Who the fu&@ sends out a 48-page catalog with two items listed for sale?

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1438735843.675901.jpg

Patagonia :blink:

Seems like a real waste.