• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Patagonia.com

thetrailboss

Staff member
They are running their winter sale. It is a big deal...so big that they website has crashed numerous times due to volume. It's amazing that they have such a following. My outlet store had a 90 minute wait just to get to the cashier. I went on last night just as they were having a soft opening for the sale and snagged a few things before the masses got there. Some popular items and sizes were out in minutes.

timm

I got the card too. I got a new R2 for Christmas and I gotta say it sheds so bad it really put me off wanting any of their stuff but if the deal is good enough....who can resist.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I got the card too. I got a new R2 for Christmas and I gotta say it sheds so bad it really put me off wanting any of their stuff but if the deal is good enough....who can resist.

Interesting. Every once in a while they don't quite get it right. I'd contact them to see if you can return it or exhange it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I know....everyone's cutting a little...at the same time. Gotta be some walkmode boots before anything... but good prices...:grin:

Huh?

So I actually bought a hybrid softshell/hardshell jacket for less than half price (Mixed Guide Hoodie) and a new hardshell to replace one that doesn't fit. The outlet had some good stuff on Saturday and less crowds. Love it when I can get a nice Capilene top for literally $11 as opposed to $40.

thetrailboss

Staff member
The prices are very good for Patagucci.

Over the last few years they have run a lot more deals than they used to. I recall there being the February sale and maybe an August sale, but now they regularly have a major outlet sale here in SLC, along with a corresponding online sale, for each major holiday weekend during the year (Pres. Week, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Columbus Day/Vets Day). The "web specials" section also has some good finds...and stuff that rotates in and out on a routine basis. Over MLK weekend they ran a "secret sale" in which the entire site was 30% off, including web specials, and the code was not too hard to find.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yeah, the sale is back on and some killer deals if they have your size. Some suggestions include the Mixed Guide Hoodie, the Priolet, and the Triolet. I also have the Super Cell. All are legit shells for skiing.

thetrailboss

Staff member
And there have been several good sales since this thread started including a "secret" sale that they had back in the winter that was really good. When they have the 40% off sales in August and February, you can get some good finds. The outlets also can have some good finds during those sales...the one in Freeport is nice.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Hope that you all got in on this sale. It's still going in the brick and mortar outlets until the day after Labor Day. If you need some good winter/cold weather gear, get in on this.

All of these were first quality items...no irregulars or returns.

Some deals I found include:

* The Fall 2012 Triolet Jacket (top of the line 3-layer GTX model): retails for $429.00 On sale for $214.50.
* The Fall 2012 R3 Hi-Loft Fleece Jacket: retails for $189.00. On sale (at the Outlet) for $47.50.
* The Fall 2012 Nano Puff Hybrid Jacket: retails for $249.00. On sale (at the Outlet) for $59.00.

ScottySkis

Hope that you all got in on this sale. It's still going in the brick and mortar outlets until the day after Labor Day. If you need some good winter/cold weather gear, get in on this.

All of these were first quality items...no irregulars or returns.

Some deals I found include:

* The Fall 2012 Nano Puff Hybrid Jacket: retails for $249.00. On sale (at the Outlet) for $59.00.

I love this price and I get paid tomorrow, you think this is good in cold skiing weather?

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'd say so. A good midlayer.

Remember that I found this at the brick and mortar outlet store...and specifically the one in SLC. I don't know if there is one near you except for the Freeport, Maine store. I know that they have said that if you call them at that store they will do a phone order for you.