• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf - AlpineZone Summit 4.0

reefer

Great times! Thanks Ethan, Nick, and Stef! And Ma Nature of course. Great to see some of the usual suspects and especially the Mod Squad - Dave, Jim, Ryan, and Brian.

Cornhead, TDog, DoubleEject, and BoarderPatrol out for first tracks.....which do rock by the way. We came down at 8:32 and went to breakfast...............................

DoubleEject leading the way down Skyline

Double Eject near the Summit

Maybe next year the snowfields?

Last edited:

reefer

great pics Reefer, skyline looked fantastic.

There were a lot of trails with conditions like that along the edges!
Hope BoarderPatrol and DoubleEject get around to posting. They got a couple hundred shots including some from Saturday. Coldest Blizzard I've ever skied in...................

bvibert

Staff member
Here's a short video I threw together on the action on Friday before the Summit.

I forgot to add a sound track, so I picked something random off of YouTube...

gmcunni

nice vid B.

i don't think it is appropriate for moderators to duck the ropes tho, sets a bad example for the rest of us.

PS. audio didn't play in the embedded video, had to go to full YT site to hear it.

bvibert

Staff member
nice vid B.

i don't think it is appropriate for moderators to duck the ropes tho, sets a bad example for the rest of us.

PS. audio didn't play in the embedded video, had to go to full YT site to hear it.

That wasn't ducking a rope, it just looked like it.. ;)

bvibert

Staff member
Yeah, I have footage from Saturday too, but I haven't had a chance to get to it yet. I intended to make one video with the footage from both days, but I ran out of time today and wanted to put up something.

o3jeff

Yeah, I have footage from Saturday too, but I haven't had a chance to get to it yet. I intended to make one video with the footage from both days, but I ran out of time today and wanted to put up something.

Is the Bump or Bust 2 video posted yet?:p

o3jeff

Sounds like I will have to try and make another one of these. Nick didn't you say you were working on a 4.1 summit?

bvibert

Staff member
Sounds like I will have to try and make another one of these. Nick didn't you say you were working on a 4.1 summit?

Yes! We need a better showing from the CT crew. Next year we'll do a convoy up there!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I haven't gotten through any of my footage yet. Will work on it this week. Most of is angled too high (chest mount) or too low (helmet mount)

bvibert

Staff member
Keep in mind the video I posted is from Friday, before the storm really started. The skiing was much better on Saturday and Sunday. I'm not sure if any of the footage I got is any good yet though.