• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Time to get the Bread and Milk...

BenedictGomez

10942740_10200126264915961_3568523128935545493_n.jpg

BenedictGomez

My wife and I just went food shopping it was insane!

I was at WMT today a little after noon and it wasn't bad at all.

Of course, I'm not in the bullseye as we're "only" supposed to get 18" to 20".

Seriously though, I think this snuck up on people and many probably werent even aware until sometime this afternoon.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

Seriously though, I think this snuck up on people and many probably werent even aware until sometime this afternoon.

Looking at West , looks like a big storm coming into Canada , wonder about Fri?
Want to get some local BC next weekend !

MommaBear

There was a woman in Stop & Shop spitting and sputtering about having to be there to get her shopping done when she had other places she needed to be. "Had I known 2 feet of snow was coming, I would have been here YESTERDAY when I had the time!"

gmcunni

wife and i just got back from the local store.. crowded for a sunday night but not insane.

plenty of milk and eggs and just about everything else. only thing "picked over" was the meat section. plenty there just not every cut usually available.

hit costco earlier today and it was no more busy than a typical sunday.

all the gas stations in town had lines.

mishka

My wife just come back from shopping (not related to the storm) Saying it's insane entire milk section empty in local supermarkets

Rowsdower

Yeah I grabbed a few things as well and it seemed fine in New Jersey. A little crowded, but all the shelves were stocked. They were restocking milk and eggs, but otherwise, nothing out of the ordinary.

Wavewheeler

I went shopping Friday in anticipation of yesterday's (Saturday's) storm and the upcoming one..bought enough food to last a week or more. I had a feeling this thing would blow up at least on Monday so I did Monday's work today (Sunday) and shifted all of Tuesday into Monday when it looked like Tuesday was the big day. Been planning to go skiing even before the threat of a storm later this week so the Jeep is all gassed up. I just hope I can get out...some reports have the Jersey Shore getting up to 30" of snow. What a waste.

dlague

Never understood the panic that sets in before storms. We go about business as usual. I heard some of the stores had huge lines. WTF. If I need something that bad I will drive to go get it during the storm.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The elderly is a big part of the reason. A storm like this will keep my neighbor indoors for five days even though I'll have her car cleaned off and shoveled out by Wednesday night

Scruffy

WMT? what mountain is that? Oh wait! WalMart ! Dude, I was in K-ton skiing fresh powder on Devils all day. Get your priorities straight!

Just busting on ya Big Guy, don't go all freaky and report me to the mods or anything :lol: Seriously, K was rockin all weekend, and the place was empty by usual weekend standards. Woods were good too.