• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Week of Feb 17 to 23rd. President's Week

polski

Website
twitter.com
NW winds are par for the course at Jay. It all depends how strong they are, as always. But I'm sure most lifts will run tomorrow. Doesn't look honking enough to take the Bonnie and Jet off line at least no matter what happens with the Tram and Freezer. Go for it.

Thanks much Steve! We're out the door now!

BenedictGomez

Thanks BG. I'm glad I could sleep through the night, knowing you were on top of this. Now go get some zzzz's before the snows fly!

I fell asleep about 1:15am. And I'm glad I did. 00z Euro drags this thing WAY east.

If it verifies, almost everyone's snow totals go down, and the Catskills and DAX miss out on the good snowfall pretty much entirely. There's way less liquid, there's more warmth, and the best snow now falls out to sea. Pretty much the worst model run possible.

sucksj.png

ScottySkis

I fell asleep about 1:15am. And I'm glad I did. 00z Euro drags this thing WAY east.

If it verifies, almost everyone's snow totals go down, and the Catskills and DAX miss out on the good snowfall pretty much entirely. There's way less liquid, there's more warmth, and the best snow now falls out to sea. Pretty much the worst model run possible.

sucksj.png
Sleep who needs sleep, lol. Not looking good maybe go to MT snow or Magic for snow this weekend?

polski

Website
twitter.com
Good call, sir. I expect a full report!

I will say quickly here: With Jay reporting gusts to 65 mph, even out of the NW winds were still an issue first thing Thursday ... only the Jet and lower mountain lifts were spinning to start the day. But the wind did gradually ease and other lifts came on line - the Bonnie at mid-morning, the Flyer before noon and even the Tram later in the day.

It didn't seem possible the way it was honking Thursday but yesterday there was very little wind. A beautiful day including sunshine by lunchtime. All lifts spun all day except the Tram started late because of a mechanical issue - not that we wasted any time waiting in that line when there was so much powder to be skied.

As of first tracks Thurs Jay reported 21-23" from the overnight upslope, on top of I think 6" or so of denser snow from the synoptic event the day before. It snowed most of the day Thursday but added up to maybe only a couple additional inches, mostly blown into the woods and skiers' right side of trails.

Glenn

That's didn't deliver. But I suppose a few inches of snow is better than nothing. Oh well.

Glenn

They got a bit Saturday into Sunday. I think they had about 3-4" Sunday morning.

mlctvt

The storm tomorrow could get some mixing in but NOAA Albany just upped the snow forecast for southern Greens to 10-14" for tonight till Thursday.

edit: opps wrong section

Last edited: