World's Scariest Ski Slopes... - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ZYDECORICH View Post
    I don't know what they call this but the "trail" at 2:39 in the video seems kinda nuts.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/55099128" width="621" height="359" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
    Kinda nuts?
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by ALLSKIING View Post
    Kinda nuts?
    Yeah I guess that qualifies as "kinda"
    so here's a toast with one last pour, to last forever and a minute more. may fortune sing to you her song, to live and love way past long, may you live and love way past long. sonny landreth.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    Mixing Bowl at Killington on a holiday day. Now, that is scary.
    Make it beginning of the season and you can throw it at the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLSKIING View Post
    Hell 45 degree is very scary....Also depends on how tight the run is...Jump turns on 45 degrees is terrifying and most would not go.
    And that was the issue..damn thing is 1 turn wide.where as Main chute which is 40 degrees but very wide is pretty easy. I simply could not make the jump turn looking straight down that thing...its why I love those point of view vids of Alaska steeps..really shows how freaky thos things are...and they rip straight down them...I think nothing beats a 50 plus degree narrow chute for pure terror...
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    And that was the issue..damn thing is 1 turn wide.where as Main chute which is 40 degrees but very wide is pretty easy. I simply could not make the jump turn looking straight down that thing...its why I love those point of view vids of Alaska steeps..really shows how freaky thos things are...and they rip straight down them...I think nothing beats a 50 plus degree narrow chute for pure terror...
    Tunnel Vision.jpg

This was Tunnel Vision at Kicking Horse. Probably about 45 degrees, extremely narrow, and very little room for mistake. Scariest thing I have ever skied. No question.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMadWorld View Post

This was Tunnel Vision at Kicking Horse. Probably about 45 degrees, extremely narrow, and very little room for mistake. Scariest thing I have ever skied. No question.

CPR Ridge FTW!!! One of my most favorite places to ride in the world...
    Also loved Redemption Ridge..

I could ride ridge chutes all damn day...

Re: World's Scariest Ski Slopes...

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    CPR Ridge FTW!!! One of my most favorite places to ride in the world...
    Also loved Redemption Ridge..

I could ride ridge chutes all damn day...
    It really kicks your ass. CPR is definitely the baddest but I love T1 & 2 and Whitewall just as much. Damn I need to get back!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Bear View Post
    Tecumseh - Shawnee Mt, PA...last Sun night.

Honestly, it was the iciest trail I've ever been on. And I was a Mountain Creek passholder for 3 years, so that's saying something. I am shocked it was open the whole night, especially with the rather large moguls.
    I was there Sunday day, and that trail was definitely icy, so I imagine it only got worse at night. I only went down once, did the right side, which was kindof a chute formation. The left side was probably easier. Wasnt any moguls on the right side though (at least not at 1pm when I left). The gf snowplowed down it, I was proud of her. Shawnee is a great place to learn IMO.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Thread Information