• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good Day Gone Bad

jimmywilson69

thank you all for positive vibes and well wishes. Sitting in the snow holding my unconscious daughter while waiting for Ski Patrol was a agonizing experience, i've never felt so helpless in my life. it truly was a parent's worst nightmare.

As a parent that statement literally sent a chill through my body...

I hope your daughter feels better and that she isn't afraid to strap on the planks and enjoy the mountains.

legalskier

It brings home how precious every day with your loved ones really is. Hope she is good as new real soon.

This is how I see things ever since our son survived a life threatening situation when he was little. Completely changed the way I look at the world.
Thank God your daughter is ok- I pray she has a speedy recovery, and you & her mother the strength to see her through.

2knees

jesus gary, this is awful. hope she pulls through with flying colors and i see you guys out there in the spring.

Morwax

Just seeing this thread.. Sorry to hear about the bad day, hope you and your girl are doing well :)

Cheese

Thankfully her Giro helmet did its job.

Very sorry to read this news. My best wishes go out for her full and speedy recovery. Before she tells you, thank you for requiring her to where a helmet and probably saving her life. Well done!

gmcunni

Before she tells you, thank you for requiring her to where a helmet and probably saving her life. Well done!

met with neurosurgeon @ Yale today for follow up. he ended the conversation with "thank goodness she had a helmet otherwise we would not be here today talking about her recovery."

Warp Daddy

met with neurosurgeon @ Yale today for follow up. he ended the conversation with "thank goodness she had a helmet otherwise we would not be here today talking about her recovery."

Gary so very happy to hear that you are talking about HER RECOVERY !!!! Thank God for that , be. Strong and keep her positive about things .

all the best
Warp

Breeze

Hope she's recovering well, Gary.

So very damn scary from any perspective. Be still your hearts: prayers for you and your daughter and her mother and your family as you move forward in real time with this.

Giro is a great product line, there is some versatility there, but.. just like boots... one size does not fit all.

In this thread all we want is your daughter back from the brink.

skiking4

Keep your head up! Just remember, for every horrible event that happens there's a good event that'll make up for it in the end!

wa-loaf

Wow, Gary. Hope things are going well. I missed this earlier ... I was skiing this week with the kids at Sugarbush. Yikes!