• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good Day Gone Bad

gmcunni

Our family trip to Sugarbush was meant to be the highlight of this season but it turned out to be the opposite. On the first run of the day my daughter lost control, skied off a trail and hit a large rock in the woods.

Thankfully her Giro helmet did its job, Sugarbush Ski Patrol did their outstanding job and God sent a lot of luck our way.

She has a long road ahead but we're hopeful for a full recovery.

Warp Daddy

Our family trip to Sugarbush was meant to be the highlight of this season but it turned out to be the opposite. On the first run of the day my daughter lost control, skied off a trail and hit a large rock in the woods.

Thankfully her Giro helmet did its job, Sugarbush Ski Patrol did their outstanding job and God sent a lot of luck our way.

She has a long road ahead but we're hopeful for a full recovery.

Gary our thou ghts and prayers are with you guys , hang tough !

Warp

Cornhead

Yikes! Hope she has a full recovery, must have been terrible for you to witness. My heart goes out to her, and you, and her Mother.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Oh no!

I can't imagine the fear. My son is just 9 months old and as excited as I am to get him on skis a part of me is nervous as well.

Hope for a quick recovery, glad to see a helmet doing it's job. Let us know if you need anything....

crank

Wow, terrible news. Hope she recovers fully and quickly.

drjeff

Thoughts and prayers your way G! The good thing is that kids heal so much better than we adults do! Thank God for helmets!!