• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Live Meetup subforum

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey guys,

With tapatalk and mobile versions of the site picking up steam; what do you guys think of creating a new subforum that is designed for on-the-fly communication at a resort? e.g. if you go ski at Sugarloaf, you create a thread in this forum "Sugarloaf 2.21.2012" and then anyone on the site there can communicate through that thread. It's easier than using the trips and events forum (which is more planning) or trip reports (which are after the fact).

I'd like to envision us being able to use this instead of say text messages to coordinate meetups, on-the-fly conditions across the mountain, etc.

I haven't really flushd out the idea yet, just occurred to me this morning while trying to finish up this IPhone app release.

bigbog

$.01,
Watching/listening to an "On-the-Fly" descripton whle skinning/bootpack-ascents or hikes/paddles/explorations in the backcountry/wilderness...would be fine in documenting terrain or wildlife, but on the skiing-descent?...LOL.

Last edited:

vinnyv11

Be a good idea for people to be able to check in or something to let people know where they're at if trying to meet up to do some turns together.