• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Park City Mountain resort

FRITOLAYGUY

Today started off with light snow and winds appx 15-20. Started off down homerun and claim jumper to warm the legs up, Spent about 4 runs off Kingcon lift after that. Then headed to Thaynes and hit a couple blacks before heading to lunch.. After lunch conditions were blizzard like, made it up the crescent lift only for it to be shut down for wind a few minutes later, at the top had to be 45-50mph, i couldnt even get off the lift a few times as the wind pushed u so hard the chair was actually pushing u off the ramps. At one point it literally took me 20min to ski down a connecting green trail called 3/4 load, i could not see 5 feet left or right or in front of me had no idea where the trail was going or what danger lurked ahead. Headed eventually back down to silverload and motherlode lifts and glad i did , snow was now over 6 inches, boot deep in some places, froze my azz off , wind was horrible but great to ski some powder today. PCMR 1.jpgPCMR 2.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
I've had those days before at Snowbird. Welcome to Utah and hope that you are digging it while I am on vaca in Southern Florida with my family where it is 75 F, sunny, and humid. 2 feet of fresh at Snowbird. :blink:

FRITOLAYGUY

I've had those days before at Snowbird. Welcome to Utah and hope that you are digging it while I am on vaca in Southern Florida with my family where it is 75 F, sunny, and humid. 2 feet of fresh at Snowbird. :blink:

lol well its 2am i just got home in tampa, ugg felt the humidity right away, the good news is i wont need my chapstick anymore. I enjoyed utah, park city was nice, cool bars and restaurants, kinda stuck up women there or is it just me? I mean i held doors for people etc and was hardly ever acknowledged. Anyways the skiing was great.

thetrailboss

Staff member
It's funny because I think that PC is very cool and laid back....compared to what I'm used to :lol:

Yeah, you're killing me with the reports from Alta/Snowbird. They got like 2 feet of snow, but we still have a lot of ski season left. Definitely going into May and beyond now!

FRITOLAYGUY

well next yr ill hit ur 2 fav resorts, ill def be going back, so glad i didnt do a denver trip, the airport there was closed yesterday , nevermind the 2hr drive to get there from the mtns on a sunny day. I really couldnt believe how close the airport was in utah, i got in at 215 and was skiing by 4, and i went to a condo beforehand and i had to rent my stuff, unreal u literally can be skiing in an hour after landing if you bring your own stuff