Bruce Trail Waterfall Line - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Because you're giving away the top-secret location that virtually everyone who skis or snowboards (and many who dont) already knows.

    <--- Still of the opinion that the "secret stash" or "secret woods" spot is one of the dumbest things in the entire sport of recreational skiing.
    Right! I didn't think blowing up someone's secret spot applied when talking about a trail that is so well known. The Bruce is on hiking maps and part of the Stowe Nordic system in the lower elevations. It has wooden signs that say "To Lift" to help bring you back to the resort.

    To me that makes it fair game to talk about in a ski forum.

  2. #12
    Up front, IMO all this secret stash stuff is silly for reasons stated in other threads...but this in NOT secret.

    http://www.dartmouth.edu/~doc/backco...ng/brucetrail/

  3. #13
    snowmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my mind, northern New England
    Posts
    4,066
    Yup. It's not much of a secret stash when you can actually buy a book which gives you turn-by-turn directions to get to the said secret stash.

    Haven't made it to Teardrop. You? So, when are we going? I would consider Steeple too as a less stressful alternative.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
    Yup. It's not much of a secret stash when you can actually buy a book which gives you turn-by-turn directions to get to the said secret stash.

    Haven't made it to Teardrop. You? So, when are we going? I would consider Steeple too as a less stressful alternative.
    I've skinned TD a few times this season and had a great time. I've been meaning to do Steeple too. I've been finding a lot of fun stuff on the west side of Mansfield and Dewy Mountain.

    I'm probably going to be in the Jay area all this weekend and not Stowe but still willing to link up with you for TD at some point. I assume you would want to access it from the lift and not skin it?

    What makes Steeple less stressful? The fact that it's on the Eastern side and easier for you to get to?

  5. #15
    snowmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my mind, northern New England
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    I've skinned TD a few times this season and had a great time. I've been meaning to do Steeple too. I've been finding a lot of fun stuff on the west side of Mansfield and Dewy Mountain.

    I'm probably going to be in the Jay area all this weekend and not Stowe but still willing to link up with you for TD at some point. I assume you would want to access it from the lift and not skin it?
    Big Jay?

    I wouldn't mind accessing it from Underhill. Why pay $80 for a ticket you will use only once?

    What makes Steeple less stressful? The fact that it's on the Eastern side and easier for you to get to?
    You got it. I think shuttling a car to the other side is the big logistical nightmare. Besides, lots of entry points for the Steeple -- Stowe or Trapp.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
    Big Jay?

    I wouldn't mind accessing it from Underhill. Why pay $80 for a ticket you will use only once?


    You got it. I think shuttling a car to the other side is the big logistical nightmare. Besides, lots of entry points for the Steeple -- Stowe or Trapp.
    Yes Big Jay probably one of the days depending on weather. Gonna be up there?

    I guess it might be worth the $$ at Stowe if you catch a powder day and ski all morning in the resort and then hike up to the TD after lunch. Ski TD down to the CCC rd or WB trail and then skin back up over to the Devil's DishPan and back down into the XC trails to return the resort. Maybe even hit Steeple on the return loop if there is enough time. OR skin back up TD, hitting the old nose dive trail from the summit down to the start of the Bruce.

  7. #17
    I just did this trail recently and had to walk all the wall down the river until my friend and I found a hiking trail that lead us back to the Bruce Trail and finally some cross country trails. How did you guys get out?

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Pkeady16 View Post
    I just did this trail recently and had to walk all the wall down the river until my friend and I found a hiking trail that lead us back to the Bruce Trail and finally some cross country trails. How did you guys get out?
    It has to snow to go skiing.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Pkeady16 View Post
    I just did this trail recently and had to walk all the wall down the river until my friend and I found a hiking trail that lead us back to the Bruce Trail and finally some cross country trails. How did you guys get out?
    This has to be a joke?

    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:31 AM.