Canadian Police on Snowboards

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Canadian Police on Snowboards

Maybe this is old news but it's new to me.

I think it's ridiculous to have armed police officers patrolling a resort to bust people smoking pot. I would expect this in the states not Canada!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ol-slopes.html
    Last edited by Huck_It_Baby; Feb 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM. Reason: typo

How do they figure this is worth the money? (Not that the whole 'war on drugs' is worth any money anyway, but...)
    Take the cost of the salary for the cop, equipment, etc, times... let's say 3-4 cops on a hill. They might bust one person a day, with most likely less than an eighth. (who packs a fat bag skiing, anyway?)
    Justified? Methinks not. Hopefully the morons here won't get any bright ideas and decide to waste even more money on that ridiculousness.

Stupid and a waste of time. Just a couple of volunteer troopers looking for some free boarding and trying to feel big and important with guns.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point

Re: Canadian Police on Snowboards

I guess I will not be in Canada any time soon, home of Vancouver and coffee shops. Just another stupid thing for police to do.

QOTD: "I feel like the chairlift is my time to smoke reefer."
    If it's snowin' I'm goin'

Quote Originally Posted by legalskier View Post
    QOTD: "I feel like the chairlift is my time to smoke reefer."
    Haha that was my favorite part!

You can certainly make an argument that drinking and doing drugs on the slopes is dangerous, but this is positively ridiculous.

Agree with those who think it's a cheap ploy to not only ski/board for free, but to get PAID to do it.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Unless they are in the same gondola car, I don't see how this is going to stop people from smoking on the lifts. Also as they mentioned in the article, the greater danger is drunk skiers, and they are all but encouraged by the police and the resort.
    "man you make it look so fluid"

Quote Originally Posted by bobbutts View Post
    Unless they are in the same gondola car, I don't see how this is going to stop people from smoking on the lifts. Also as they mentioned in the article, the greater danger is drunk skiers, and they are all but encouraged by the police and the resort.
    True. Not gonna be hard for Canadian stoners to avoid the guy in the big yellow snow suit with a pistol!

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point

Re: Canadian Police on Snowboards

Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    True. Not gonna be hard for Canadian stoners to avoid the guy in the big yellow snow suit with a pistol!
    If he or she is not pretending to be a civilian, and they maybe watch video camera, cops can be deceiving.

Thread Information