• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Elk Feb 22-24, 2013

4aprice

Spent the weekend at Elk for sons final 3 PA Cup races. Love my 3 days at Elk each year. Myriad of weather conditions through out the weekend. Friday started with some sun but that faded in the afternoon and then the mountain spent most of the rest of the weekend wrapped in a pretty thick cloud from 1/2 way up to the top. It never rained (which was predicted) tried to snow a little but was mostly just kinda of raw

Elk was in excellent shape. Best runs on Tunk were early in the day Friday when visability was at its best. Skied it a couple of times after but its hard to let them run when you can't see the moguls. The groomers were in fantastic shape, Kickapoo being the favorite. Crowds were pretty light. All in all 3 good ski days.

Sunday after the race found out that my travel plans were changing. Was planning a skiing weekend March 9th and10th in the NNY/Vermont area and visiting the daughter at Castleton. Instead we will be traveling to Cannon Mt NH the 8th-10th for the Eastern High School Championships.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

TropicTundR

DATE: Feb 24
CONDITIONS: GRRREEEAT, No crust or crud, Mostly on/off light flurries with a brief whiteout late Sun afternoon., just to keep skis sticky
TRAIL OF THE DAY: Pick one

OH JOY OF THE DAY:

Being the last and only one on Lenape before E&F closed.

I was feeling good most of the day, lift lines were nil.

ScottySkis

I was thinking of going their yesterday, but didn't. Glad to hear that this past weekend was good snow, and glad you had a great 3 days. Think I will have season pass their next year.

Cornhead

Elk is awesome, never had bad conditions in all my visits, glad you had a good time!

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I was thinking of going their yesterday, but didn't. Glad to hear that this past weekend was good snow, and glad you had a great 3 days. Think I will have season pass their next year.

I'm definitely planning on hitting up Elk more often next year. I really liked the vibe, and it was a lot closer than I thought.