• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski dreams

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I don't know if it was this thread or what but I had dreams of being in knee deep powder in the woods last night. Although I wasn't skiing I was just standing there looking at it all.

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I had one last night.. I wish I did lay down for a moment to recap. Don't remember any hooting or hollering so it definitely fell into the category of frustration. dangit!

ceo

I typically have 3 or 4 ski dreams a season, starting in early fall. Usually they involve skiing somewhere that's familiar in the dream but doesn't actually exist, and really whacked-out lifts.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I had the wierdest dream last night. I dreamt I was at Sugarbush and the lifts weren't running but everyone was skinning up and skiing down anyway. They had 100% coverage and they were thinking they might still be skinning until July.

Then the lifts started spinning again because the coverage was so good, even though it was like 85 degrees out. I saw a snow cave and assumed someone had gotten lost in the woods and built it to survive (like that kid near Sugarloaf this year).

skiNEwhere

^R.I.P AndyZee

Well I've been looking and researching Jackson hole a ton the last one or two weeks, and last night I dreamed that I was finally got there, as planned, in late feb. I look up the mountain, and there is no freakin' snow, at all, on any of the trails, except at the very top, where there is some leftover snow from the cornice melting, similar to what you'd see at the top of a western ski resort in August.

I am planning on going to Jackson and taking the steep and deep clinic. I'll be pretty damn pissed though if there's no snow.

Mapnut

Interesting common dream themes here. I'm definitely in the Can-ski-way-better-in-dreams-than-in-reality, and the something-always-goes-wrong-like-missing-equipment-or-the-snow-melts-and-I-never-get-a-second-run group.

Do you suppose Scotty actually always posts in his sleep? That might explain it.

dlague

I watched a boat load of videos about skiing tight glades since I am not a fan of them. Many videos were of people slogging there way through them. Black Hole was one of them. So last night I ended up dreaming about that and found myself getting stuck inn powder in a tight glad and woke up in a panic. My second fear - tree wells which was part of my panic.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

ScottySkis

Do you suppose Scotty actually always posts in his sleep? That might explain it.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could.

JDMRoma

I watched a boat load of videos about skiing tight glades since I am not a fan of them. Many videos were of people slogging there way through them. Black Hole was one of them. So last night I ended up dreaming about that and found myself getting stuck inn powder in a tight glad and woke up in a panic. My second fear - tree wells which was part of my panic.

Funny I have fears of tight tree's,deep soft snow with thin stiff ski's

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

MadMadWorld

I ended up coming within inches of falling into a tree well at Sunshine Village. We ended up skiing off the backside of one of the ridges in very low visibility. I stopped a few feet away from what I thought was a small Xmas tree. The snow gave way and when I looked down the tree well I realized the tree was twice as tall. I crapped myself.