• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

You Know You Are a Gaper If ....

snowmonster

#1. License Plates – If you live in west of the Rockies and you have Vermont, New Hampshire, New York or Ontario license plates, you’re a gaper!

I guess this makes us all gapers. F this list, man! It just insulted everyone who posts on AZ.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
#1. License Plates – If you live in west of the Rockies and you have Vermont, New Hampshire, New York or Ontario license plates, you’re a gaper!

I guess this makes us all gapers. F this list, man! It just insulted everyone who posts on AZ.

I read that as if you live in the west but maintain your east coast plates. Alternatively if you drive out west with your east coast car (vs flying).

snowmonster

I think you read it wrong, man. And what is so gape-tastic about living in CO and having NH plates? Driving across the country to ski is pretty hard core, don't you think?

No offense but is AZ so bereft of content that we have to cross-post material from a western oriented ski site that makes fun of east coast skiing? I thought this was an eastern ski site. Sorry for the negativity but this just rubs me the wrong way.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I think you read it wrong, man. And what is so gape-tastic about living in CO and having NH plates? Driving across the country to ski is pretty hard core, don't you think?

No offense but is AZ so bereft of content that we have to cross-post material from a western oriented ski site that makes fun of east coast skiing? I thought this was an eastern ski site. Sorry for the negativity but this just rubs me the wrong way.

I thought you were joking. I just thought this was a fun thing to talk about.

If you live in west of the Rockies and you have Vermont, New Hampshire, New York or Ontario license plates, you’re a gaper!

I'm still reading this as: if you live in the west but maintain east coast plates.

hippiechick

I'm still reading this as: if you live in the west but maintain east coast plates.

Soo... What if you live in NY now but maintain west coast plates? I still am rocking my 'ski Idaho' plates, and I will continue to do so until the fuzz tells me otherwise...

jack97

#7. Stupid Questions – Where’s the machine that makes all them moguls? How about what planet are you from?

Hmm..... there is a machine that does this.

jack97

I live in a town where some will travel out west just to ski and have never skied up north; VT, NH and ME. They sincerely beleive the snow here is just too icy. I think the author was trying to capture that intent.... but imo failed.

Last edited:

Bene288

Luckily the Albany fuzz don't concern themselves with traffic violations.

I'd say you're a gaper when you rock a GoPro during lame conditions.

hippiechick

Yeah, this list is just overall retarded. I wear a Camelback because I'm a cheap bastard, and I don't want to take all my crap off just for a drink of water or spend $47 on a cup of chili.

I apologize on behalf of my west coast ski friends - we're not all like that, I promise.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Also, I didn't realize unofficial was west focused entirely. I've only recently started paying attention to them and they do post some interesting stuff once in a while. Althought come to think of it hadn't seen any east coast stuff recently.