• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mountain, VT: 02/28/2013

Hado226

Best days from this past storm Thursday and probably today/tomorrow, yesterday was work! The wet that froze overnight Thursday into Friday and wasn't groomed was very difficult snow. Cut up and frozen that way. By late day traffic was starting to break it up in places Goniff was really skiing nice at days end. Vertigo and everything ungroomed from that point down to the base was really nasty and will stay that way until it is warmed up again or groomed.

polski

Website
twitter.com
Best days from this past storm Thursday and probably today/tomorrow, yesterday was work! The wet that froze overnight Thursday into Friday and wasn't groomed was very difficult snow. Cut up and frozen that way. By late day traffic was starting to break it up in places Goniff was really skiing nice at days end.

Human groomin'!

Been too busy to post TRs but I'll throw this in here by comparison - skinned/skied the Gulf of Slides Trail on Mt Washington on Thursday and by the time I came down - late morning - it was sticky but turns still could be made. I was mildly kicking myself for not getting up in time for dawn patrol (I started up a little after 8:30) when the run would have been surfy pow but I only have so many 3 a.m. departures in me and I'd done one of them the week before. Yesterday I skied the Cog from Jacob's Ladder at the end of the day (I'm taking an avy course) on 4" of new snow and there was no crust nor other issues - plenty of tracks by then of course but plenty of patches of untracked too. Much fun. Today up into somewhere in Tuckerman Ravine, not too high up I suspect given avy risk.