Unsubscribing from threads

AlpineZone

Unsubscribing from threads

It used to be if I got an email notifying that someone posted to a subscribed thread I could click on one of the links on the bottom of the email to unsubscribe from that thread or unsubscribe from all threads. Clicking on one of the links would take me to AZ and an automatic message saying that I was unsubscribed.

Now when I click on one of the links they still take me to AZ but there is no message. I'm taken to a page listing all of my subscribed threads. It is unclear to me what to do from here to unsubscribe.

Re: Unsubscribing from threads

Ill try to figure it out later!
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

I ran into this problem when I first signed up a couple weeks ago. I guess the default setting is to subscribe to all threads, and all of a sudden my email just blew up after a few posts. So I don't know how it used to be, but I can tell you how I changed mine.

Go into 'general settings' (under 'forum actions' tab) and near the top of the page there's a section 'messaging and notification'. Change the 'default thread subscription mode' to 'control panel only'. Then, if you WANT to subscribe, you do so on the thread itself, it doesn't do it for you.

To undo the ones that are already subscribed, (this sucks, unless there's another way I didn't see...) you have to go into your Subscriptions folder (on the left panel) and click on each thread, and at the top of the first page, you'll see the tab 'thread tools'. Click that and hit unsubscribe from thread. (This is where you would subscribe, if you wanted to...) Hope that helps!

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point

Re: Unsubscribing from threads

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    It used to be if I got an email notifying that someone posted to a subscribed thread I could click on one of the links on the bottom of the email to unsubscribe from that thread or unsubscribe from all threads. Clicking on one of the links would take me to AZ and an automatic message saying that I was unsubscribed.

Now when I click on one of the links they still take me to AZ but there is no message. I'm taken to a page listing all of my subscribed threads. It is unclear to me what to do from here to unsubscribe.
    Can I guess which thread you want to unsubscribe from?

thx hippiechick, but theres a slightly easier way to unsubscribe. when you get to the subscription folder click the box on the left(every thread has a box) then click selected threads, delete subscriptions. you can do like 20 at a time this way

I guess I can do it the hard way.

But when I click on the link in the email message, I get this lovely message

vBulletin Message

Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.iabsi.com:2095/3rdparty/s...startMessage=1)
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Thread Information