• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Unsubscribing from threads

Edd

It used to be if I got an email notifying that someone posted to a subscribed thread I could click on one of the links on the bottom of the email to unsubscribe from that thread or unsubscribe from all threads. Clicking on one of the links would take me to AZ and an automatic message saying that I was unsubscribed.

Now when I click on one of the links they still take me to AZ but there is no message. I'm taken to a page listing all of my subscribed threads. It is unclear to me what to do from here to unsubscribe.

hippiechick

I ran into this problem when I first signed up a couple weeks ago. I guess the default setting is to subscribe to all threads, and all of a sudden my email just blew up after a few posts. So I don't know how it used to be, but I can tell you how I changed mine.

Go into 'general settings' (under 'forum actions' tab) and near the top of the page there's a section 'messaging and notification'. Change the 'default thread subscription mode' to 'control panel only'. Then, if you WANT to subscribe, you do so on the thread itself, it doesn't do it for you.

To undo the ones that are already subscribed, (this sucks, unless there's another way I didn't see...) you have to go into your Subscriptions folder (on the left panel) and click on each thread, and at the top of the first page, you'll see the tab 'thread tools'. Click that and hit unsubscribe from thread. (This is where you would subscribe, if you wanted to...) Hope that helps!

ScottySkis

It used to be if I got an email notifying that someone posted to a subscribed thread I could click on one of the links on the bottom of the email to unsubscribe from that thread or unsubscribe from all threads. Clicking on one of the links would take me to AZ and an automatic message saying that I was unsubscribed.

Now when I click on one of the links they still take me to AZ but there is no message. I'm taken to a page listing all of my subscribed threads. It is unclear to me what to do from here to unsubscribe.
Can I guess which thread you want to unsubscribe from?

octopus

thx hippiechick, but theres a slightly easier way to unsubscribe. when you get to the subscription folder click the box on the left(every thread has a box) then click selected threads, delete subscriptions. you can do like 20 at a time this way