• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Heavenly 3/1

mriceyman

Well since its warmer in tahoe then it is in new jersey we didnt know what to expect for conditions. I was pleasently surprised how much snow is still there. I found a soft spot in the trees and its basically the length of my skipole. The snow softened up nicely and we had a great day on the hill. Hit up mott canyon which was definetly challenging depending on the route down. Then afterwards in the tamarock it was party time. Good looking dancers and plenty o drinks. Cant ask for much more today. Im fired up for the rest of the trip. ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1362239710.014527.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1362239727.501931.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1362239773.034239.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1362239790.109175.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

FRITOLAYGUY

nice pics was it pretty thin off the trails? i dont think its snowed out there in a month, i ran into a couple last week in park city that said they were almost skiing on rocks at one of the resorts in tahoe last week.

mriceyman

There was rarely a spot with thin cover.. I couldnt believe how the snow has held up.. The trees were skiing very well thanks to the warm temps

Sent from my iPhone

snoseek

tip: if you follow the lookers right of mott ridgeline all the way out and side step up that little knoll theres a sunny spot that usually has untouched corn all the way down to killebrew return. I think its called promise land on the map. Noone goes there, super nice snow

mriceyman

Thanks for the tip.. Ill be back there on monday

Sent from my iPhone