• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3/6-3/7 storm?

BenedictGomez

Seems like Cats got hammered, and the coast got hammered

Of course they did, I'm in Vermont this weekend! Might have to alter my Gore/Whiteface plans for next week to Platty. Though with the blowtorch that might be coming it could get tricky.

hammer

Tons of metro skiers are going to get excited and head north to areas that got 0" in the past 48 hours. Awesome.
Wish I could postpone to Monday (can take the day off) but going up for rain/mix after two mild March days...guess we will have to deal with the crowds tomorrow. :x

ScottySkis

Nothing up here in the Lakes Region. Actually, it was very pleasant outside today. Seemed like the snow was melting quite a bit. Currently 42*. Meanwhile, metro Boston is over a foot, some places approaching two feet. These types of storms are very frustrating. Tons of metro skiers are going to get excited and head north to areas that got 0" in the past 48 hours. Awesome. I can deal with seeing this once or twice a season. But man, there have been so many of these SoNE coastals this year.

Platty is over 5 hours. Would love to ski there but it just isn't in the cards on short notice. Happy for all of you Catskills skiers. Go get it!!

:beer:

Come on down, sorry you got no snow up their, but Platty tomorrow I have a very very good feeling about.

abc

Nothing up here in the Lakes Region.

Platty is over 5 hours. Would love to ski there but it just isn't in the cards on short notice. Happy for all of you Catskills skiers. Go get it!!
Well, you can head down to the Berkshires, or S.VT. Didn't Magic got a few inches?

Seems like Cats got hammered, and the coast got hammered, but the Berks are 'only' reporting 6 - 9 or somewhere thereabouts.
6-9" is not something to sneaze at, you greedy bunch! ;-)

I think this weekend should be a good one. Almost all the mountains got some base from the previous 2 weeks' wet storms one way or another. So whatever falls today will be the icing on the cake!