• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic - 3.3.12

gmcunni

Date(s) Skied: 3.3.12
Resort or Ski Area: Magic Mountain
Conditions: packed pow
Trip Report: The hand written sign in the window of the red chair house said:

Conditions - Awesome

it was pretty accurate. The morning ski report said 17 inches of new snow since Wednesday. An inch or 2 fell last night and it flurried all day. Mountain had a fresh coat of cream spread over it.

I ended up meeting some friends from home at the mountain but before they got there I took two runs down the left side. stuck to the groomers and had FUN. the snow was, as they said @ booth, AWESOME.
after that we skied all over the mountain after that. Black Line (below cliffs) was ROTD for me, the snow was soft and the bumps were very forgiving. Considering the Ski The East comp ran on Black Line the day before it was in excellent shape.
By the time we hit Red Line it was pretty scraped off but still a lot of fun. Magician was open and it was fun too. Talisman had been groomed but was bumping up in the afternoon from the traffic.

Black Chair was running. Woods were EH.. crusty and not worth the effort (IMHO) so we stayed out for the most part.

Red Chair
IMG_10901.JPG

Black Line
IMG_10911.JPG

Goniff
IMG_10921.JPG

Disappearing Act
IMG_1093.JPG

Madroch

Looks pretty nice- I gotta get a trip in soon to use my voucher. Thought about yesterday (almost talked a crowd into a trip LATE sat night) good stuff.

bheemsoth

We were there yesterday as well, and the conditions were indeed awesome. I was able to ski Magician, Slide of Hans, and Red Line for the first time, as coverage had always been weak on those trails when I've been there.

Definitely our best day @Magic in a couple of years.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

o3jeff

Looks like I shouldn't have been so lazy and went with you. Looking like next Saturday to use up a ticket.