Platty. Info directions ..( end thread.hyjacking in Bell trip report - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    First timers, make sure you eat lunch at Platty too, up at the bar on the 3rd level (not at the cafeteria on the 2nd level). For $10 you get a fantastic lunch complete with a side, for the same price that a bag of chips and a dried-up tinfoil wrapped burger costs at most mountains.

Also, for a snack, the brownies at $3.50 are literally the size of about 1/2 a tray of brownies you'd make at home

Quote Originally Posted by hippiechick View Post
    thanks Scotty for thorough and slightly incoherent directions .
    Be thankful you got the slightly incoherent version.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    First timers, make sure you eat lunch at Platty too, up at the bar on the 3rd level (not at the cafeteria on the 2nd level). For $10 you get a fantastic lunch complete with a side, for the same price that a bag of chips and a dried-up tinfoil wrapped burger costs at most mountains.

Also, for a snack, the brownies at $3.50 are literally the size of about 1/2 a tray of brownies you'd make at home

Be thankful you got the slightly incoherent version.
    +100 very delicious brownies.

Pricechopper shoppers - 29 dollar tickets, but you have to get someone at the register who knows what they are doing. If they send you to customer service, or if customer service tells you they are out of them, they are incorrect. They have unlimited numbers and just need to ring it up at the register. Frustrating experience at Delhi Pricechopper last weekend.

Liftopia shoppers - sometimes you can get a ticket that includes a 10 dollar food voucher for the same price as a regular (liftopia) ticket; or sometimes it's 5 bucks more for a 10 dollar voucher. The first time I was there they let you use the voucher upstairs at the carving station. Last time they denied me (after already plating the food), stating it was only for cafeteria food.

If you find yourself in the woods, look out for signs. If you see one that says "drop" or has arrows pointing down to the ground - they mean it.

Blockbuster is where you want to be for first tracks on a powder day (in my limited experience).

Anyway, just some info you may find handy.

All you need to know

469 Plattekill Mountain Rd
    Ride the double for the goods
    3rd floor is where its at for good food

Plattekill Mountain 12:56pm

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think this bodes well if the precipitation shield is already reaching that far west. Maybe they will get 5 or 6 inches out of this afterall.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    I knew powder days special day at Platty tokkorow enjoy I need trip reports please.!

We are getting some quality snow in the Catskills - really fluffy..

Don't be fooled by that tricky "turn 3 miles ahead" sign!

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    We are getting some quality snow in the Catskills - really fluffy..

Sweet- how much so far?
    If it's snowin' I'm goin'

2 or 3" in the 23a valley.. still snowing..

Snow reports from the catskills folks makes this girl really happy

My skiing gal pal has a BOGO coupon, so I think we're set on the $ for lifts.

When you say 'drop' how much of a drop are we talking about? I can handle a few feet, but if you're talking a 10'+ cliffline, yeah, F that.

Thread Information