Platty. Info directions ..( end thread.hyjacking in Bell trip report - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Will likely be there Friday.

I'm impressed, you came down from Albany to ski Platty!

Hope the storm delivers and you have a nice day.

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point
    Quote Originally Posted by hippiechick View Post
    Will likely be there Friday.
    That place to be, I wonder if I can work my 4 hour day from 4 am -8am in NYC then drive to Plstty for the afternoon, then drive up to Sugarbush. I love to but can't, have fun who ever else goes.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post

Once you fall in love with Platty people will drive for hours to get their loved place.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post

Why? It's not that far. My other mountain of choice so far is Mt Snow, and that's farther. What are my other options - Jiminy? Yeah right, sucka. Too $ for not a great hill.
    And thanks, I'm hoping the weather doesn't screw with the snow that's going to be dumped. I like the fact that Platty doesn't open all week, so you can still end up with fresh even after a few days pass.

Why? It's not that far. My other mountain of choice so far is Mt Snow, and that's farther. What are my other options - Jiminy? Yeah right, sucka. Too $ for not a great hill.
    And thanks, I'm hoping the weather doesn't screw with the snow that's going to be dumped. I like the fact that Platty doesn't open all week, so you can still end up with fresh even after a few days pass.
    As much as I love Platty, if I was you and lived close to Gore is huge with Plaaty vibe, and so is Magic vibe and few people to. Oh platty migth open this week mid week, FYI.

I was thinking of Gore. Is it further away?

I like the fact that Platty doesn't open all week, so you can still end up with fresh even after a few days pass
    Yes, that's one of the biggest plus of Platty!

And the $29 deal is still on so it's really quite a very good value. I hope the storm delivers for you!

It's about the same distance, I think. I haven't been there yet, but I think it's about an hour and 45. Wyndham and Hunter are only an hour away, but I have sentimental reasons NOT to go to those right now...

When I lived in Idaho, 95% of the time I went to Targhee, and it was 2 hours. So it's no big deal to me to travel a couple hours for good conditions.

It's about the same distance, I think. I haven't been there yet, but I think it's about an hour and 45. Wyndham and Hunter are only an hour away, but I have sentimental reasons NOT to go to those right now...

When I lived in Idaho, 95% of the time I went to Targhee, and it was 2 hours. So it's no big deal to me to travel a couple hours for good conditions.
    From Albany Gore is less then an hour, you love the Hugh hill much bigger then MT. Snow lots great trails, not a lot of people it really is like another great hill.

I love Plattekill but depending where in Albany you live you might be closer to Bromley, Magic, and Stratton and Gore is most certainly an easier drive. Bromley, Stratton, and Magic seem to be an easier drive than Mt Snow(IMHO). All are empty midweek. Go where the snow hits.

Thread Information