• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Platty 🏂🎿😃 sweet hill in West Cats NY

Jersey Skier

Not this one.

I have the best radar detector on the market, can simultaneously track 6 different police cars. Had paid for itself many times over, including tonight going >75 in a 55 in Albany.

Which one? Might need this for a few years now. The rest of that trip was torture trying to stay anywhere near the speed limit.

dmc

Just drive the speed limit on back roads..
Too many cops and animals out..

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
heading out for an hour this morning then maybe an hour this afternoon....work...blech...

Can't wait to get to Platty tomorrow. 8-10" !!

Pic is from this morning's pre-work tour in the woods. Snow looks heavy and wet but it is actually light and fluffy. Heavier would have been better since there was no base in the local woods.

8538513475_29a84eb63c.jpg

dmc

Well over the boot a Hunter... Trees - Prune - everything is good...

ScottySkis

Is that Bobby Orr with the hook?;-)

Yes he was a great hockey player!

PM sent to was was " powderdazie at Platty are mind blowing" sounds awesome basically got to be so much snow out there and so crowded I am sure lol. pic from my favorit
482597_10151545516907363_780855557_n.jpg
e Cats hill

Last edited:

ScottySkis

Last edited:

gmcunni

Just drove past the exit for Bell/ platty on my way to pick up my son. The " attractions " sign for the exits mentioned Belleayre but not Platty.

skiking4

Just drove past the exit for Bell/ platty on my way to pick up my son. The " attractions " sign for the exits mentioned Belleayre but not Platty.

Ya cuz what's plattekill? I've heard of the platteskill rest area...

Bene288

I have a 2 for 1 from gas rewards. I want to come and hang out with you guys! The girlfriend wants to go to Belleayre, but if she bails I'll come to Plattekill.

hippiechick

You guys missed some seriously crazy shit powder today!!! Being from SE Idaho, I'll admit I'm still a bit of a snow snob, and this snow was impeccable! My pals and I got there for first chair, and we had the place to ourselves most of the day. Untracked all over until 11 easily. Mostly about a foot all over, but there were definitely some knee+ deep pockets. Pretty funny watching one of my buddies who had never boarded in powder :)

IMAG0009#2.jpg

IMAG0013#2.jpg

IMAG0010#2.jpg

IMAG0015#2.jpg

IMAG0011#1.jpg
Cheese! (Or steeze? Dunno...)

So..... I have to say this, although Platty is hands down the coolest hill I've been to so far, as far as atmosphere and people, I just have to question the validity of their run classifications. Those were some seriously 'non-black' blacks/doubles - I'm not an expert skier, and I've only ventured down a double once, and it was a cliffline out west....

what gives?